• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

£100k scoreboard. Yay or Nay.

Good enhancement of the matchday experience, over priced vanity project, do the fans really want one

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Running neck and neck at the moment.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was listening to the Hard Truth football podcast with Darragh MacAnthony and he was asked if Peterborough would get an electronic scoreboard. His response was that they’ve looked into it, but felt it wasn’t financially viable unless you’re a championship club.

It would be good to know what sort of yearly return the club are expecting from the scoreboard, so until then I’m on the fence with a ‘don’t know’.

Alistair20000

We spent £100k on Stockley who was a monster in L2...and sold him on for a decent profit.
Just saying.
Do you mean the new scoreboard will score a lot of goals and be sold on at a profit ? Is that is right I may need to change my vote

denzil

Nay

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't know from me. We have no idea what the cost will actually be. Or the value.

All significant capital expenditure should be subject to Cost Benefit Analysis as a point of principle. No exceptions.

IndoMike

Is it 100k? Taggy said hundreds of thousands.

Alistair20000

Looking at the question put on the ballot paper I am not convinced it is a binary one as it includes three elements.

Just a thought like.

My three answers would be

Yes

Maybe as insufficient data

This poll might throw light on whether fans want it. But is Exeweb a good guide to the views of the wider fan base ?

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
If the club does not provide the rationale and cost / benefit analysis to the fans then it runs the risk of besmirching its reputation as a transparent supporter owned club and thus becoming just like any other club where decisions are made without any dialogue or engagement with supporters. Not the kind of club i thought we were.

Oldsmobile-88

This poll might throw light on whether fans want it. But is Exeweb a good guide to the views of the wider fan base ?
I would not be surprised if a similar poll on the Facebook ECFC loud & proud group would mirror a exeweb poll judging by some of the comments on that group.

Do you ever post/look on there Al ? It makes exeweb look like a vicars tea party at times 😎

milts

Is it 100k? Taggy said hundreds of thousands.
Where did he say this?

Status
Not open for further replies.