• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

£500 a week cap on benefits

urinal

In the back of the Greta Garbo home for wayward bo
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/sep/10/benefits-cap-make-children-homeless

How you have to feel sorry for those poor wretched souls who will have "only" a £500 a week maximum in benefits!

And, of course, it's the evil Tories imposing the limit.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
But who else is? :S

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh I don't know, it does allude to the objective of making it impossible for someone to be better off on the dole rather than being in work, ok, so it does it a tad reluctantly.

Oli

Even I could live on that.

grecianred

i might humbly suggest if the original poster does like the line of the observer article, the sunday express or mail may be more up his or her street. i am sure you'll find a more balanced line of argument...

urinal

In the back of the Greta Garbo home for wayward bo
Nothing wrong with the Guardian or the Observer. Some good stuff in there. The comments rather than the content of the article do it for me.

Alistair20000

But who else is? :S
Shirley its "the Coalition."

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... How you have to feel sorry for those poor wretched souls who will have "only" a £500 a week maximum in benefits! ...
What a pile of sensationalist drivel, urinal. That figure also appears to include child benefits which those in work are also entitled to recieve. Being a 'poor wretched soul' on benefits, and single, I receive far less than half that figure a week. Whilst I'm grateful to the taxpayer for allowing me to exist - just - it doesn't give anyone the right to constantly and publicly abuse those of us who find we are at the mercy of the benefits system. I'd like to see you survive this way ... [n]

Grecian2K

...and at the same time that they are advocating cutting the rate of tax for the "super rich" down to 40%.

Oh, and of course being bullied by those poor, inpecunious B*nkers to hold back on much needed reforms against their greed and speculation.

Actually, thinking about it, perhaps those fat cats at the top of those particular TAXPAYER FUNDED failed institutions should have their "state benefits" cut from mega-millions to a maximum of £500 a week. What a "Diamond" idea [y]

Grecian2K

What a pile of sensationalist drivel, urinal.
To be fair though Rae. Now that the News of the Screws has gone belly up poor old Uri has had to resort to the Mail for his Sunday enlightenment ;)