• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Women's World Cup

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Controversy in the England v Cameroon match as Cameroon wrongly but understandably dispute England's second goal for offside : it wasn't. Cameroon players huddle and refuse to play for 4 minutes. England moving the ball around quite well but too many times the ball forward from midfield is being received by our forwards with their backs to the goal, when the move breaks down.
Cameroon getting a bit emotional: hope they behave ok second half. So, 2-0 England at the moment.

IndoMike

OMG. England keeper clears badly -Cameroon score with quick counter attack but goal INCORRECTLY disallowed for offside. The sh+t might hit the fan.

IndoMike

England corner pulled back to the centre of the penalty area whereupon the onrushing Greenwood slots home. 3-0 England.

IndoMike

Cameroon have had some good chances but have been foiled. England's defense not altogether solid.

IndoMike

England keeper needs to improve kicking and to be a bit braver on occasions.

IndoMike

Nice move by England almost results in goal or penalty.

IndoMike

Like the ref. I guess it's easier to read the women than the hussy, artful dodgers in the men's game.

IndoMike

Fairly comfortable win against a gritty Cameroon team. Neville very disappointed with Cameron's behaviour : bad for image of women's football. Overall I've seen worse games than this in the EPL in terms of entertainment and quite enjoyed it.

LOG

I thought the only thing worse than the ref’s performance was Cameroon’s although the use of VAR was also to blame.

On the ref, she completely failed to deal with the indiscipline of Cameroon - I don’t think a single card was issued for that despite players screaming in her face.

On the VAR, it helped get some decisions right but there was the elbow, the spitting (although I’m not convinced it was intentional), the late challenge right at the end, the England penalty not awarded. I'd also add in the offside decision to disallow the Cameroon goal which, IMO, is exactly the type of VAR decision that will ruin matches.

A very poor advert for the game.

Alistair20000

I thought the only thing worse than the ref’s performance was Cameroon’s although the use of VAR was also to blame.

On the ref, she completely failed to deal with the indiscipline of Cameroon - I don’t think a single card was issued for that despite players screaming in her face.

On the VAR, it helped get some decisions right but there was the elbow, the spitting (although I’m not convinced it was intentional), the late challenge right at the end, the England penalty not awarded. I'd also add in the offside decision to disallow the Cameroon goal which, IMO, is exactly the type of VAR decision that will ruin matches.

A very poor advert for the game.
I briefly saw the kerfuffle on the news.

Was the chalked off Cameroon goal offside or not ?