• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New backroom staff

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Eric Kinder has moved on, Wayno is the new assistant, plus some new backroom staff https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/-exeter-city-staff-coaching-update/

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Eric Kinder has moved on, Wayno is the new assistant, plus some new backroom staff https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/-exeter-city-staff-coaching-update/
Not surprised as always felt he wasn’t down here for a long haul. Expect he was a great help to Matt in his first season.

Also, fair play to that Bootroom poster who did allude to a member of the coaching staff leaving a few weeks back.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A good appointment is Wayne Carlisle,who has done excellent work at the academy..Great link too..Kinder to Carlisle & Carlisle steps into his place.

Grecian2K

Great news that we have a new goalkeeping coach!
Now all we need is some keepers. :(

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would this be the goalkeeping coach http://www.stevehalegoalkeeping.co.uk/

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had a feeling Kinder would be next to go. It felt like he never really fitted in here. I don't want to make assumptions but do we think that perhaps Taylor isn't the most personable, easiest person to work with? That's now his goalkeeping coach, S&C Coach, assistant manager, and both physios that have left in 12 months of leadership!

Last edited:

Temporarily Exiled

Easiest job in the world for Steve Hale right now.

I had a feeling Kinder would be next to go. It felt like he never really fitted in here. I don't want to make assumptions but do we think that perhaps Taylor isn't the most personable, easiest person to work with? That's now his goalkeeping coach, S&C Coach, assistant manager, and both physios that have left in 12 months of leadership!
Kinder was nice, but from day 1 he was saying this wasn't a long-term thing for him (loved life up north). Weale's gone for family reasons (no reason to doubt that), and I think Jess went back to uni? Not sure about others, but I think it's more coincidence than anything else. I doubt everyone would've kept quiet if things really were that bad.

Last edited:

dontpassback

I think your right about matt,he knows what he wants,is passionate about it and perhaps is a bit more intense than our previous manager,that won’t suit everyone but the ones that get along will have the same ethic as matt and hopefully will be a winning formula!

Joshyd123

Steve Hale starts officially on Monday according to his tweet. Enough time to sign our keepers then!

benjisheps

Kinder was a late appointment for MT after it fell through getting Matt Gill. Gilly was all set to come but then for whatever reason didn't commit (probably as he knew something might have been in the offing for Lambert who he worked with at Norwich) so MT went for some experience and connections and although it wasn't said it was always going to be a short term hire.

Last edited: