• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

B&B Recommendations

les.gtfc

Hi,

I'll be coming down to our game at the end of September with my brother and we'll be staying overnight on the Saturday.

Could anyone recommend a B&B or hotel, within walking distance of the ground and a train station. When we came down last time the B&B we stayed at was quite a way from the ground so hoping to find somewhere a bit nearer this time.

Cheers.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
A couple I've stayed in have been the Town House (sometimes used by our Exiles over the years) and the Clock Tower. I'd recommend both.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A couple I've stayed in have been the Town House (sometimes used by our Exiles over the years) and the Clock Tower. I'd recommend both.
There are two Town Houses, one on St Davids Hill, a short walk up the hill from St David's Station, and the Bendene Town House. The second is not very great!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
There are two Town Houses, one on St Davids Hill, a short walk up the hill from St David's Station, and the Bendene Town House. The second is not very great!
I was of course referring to the former!

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Always used the Park View in Howell Road, run by a fanatical Chiefs fan and his wife, but appears to have closed down, sadly. Cracking breakfast they used to put on too.

;(

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I was of course referring to the former!
Managed to book the second by mistake. Hugely disappointed!

We don't need to mention that the walk up to the Imperial (a Wetherspoons) then on to the Town House is quite steep, do we? Les would know that.

les.gtfc

Not sure what's going on with The Clock Tower. No dates seem to be available at all and their website says it has been "disabled" and the Town House is quoting £120 a night, was hoping for a bit cheaper.

Seen a B&B called Braeside, any views on that one?

Oldsmobile-88

The Premier Inn opposite St David’s Station is £116 for the Friday & Saturday at the moment(room only)

StroudGrecian

Telstar on St Davids Hill is very old skool B&B, about £75 a night IIRC, you pays yer money....

les.gtfc

Seen a pub called The Farmers Union that has rooms. Recommended or not as it's not a bad price?