• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hopes and Expectations for the coming season

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst we still wait for various announcements on signings to be forthcoming from the Cliff Hill and we scour the internet for speculation and rumour what are our hopes and expectations for the coming season.

Football side
Hopes for automatics, expects a placing in the top seven, hopes and expects us to do the double over the S**m , hope for a win against Macclesfield, hope we get over our inability to beat lower placed sides when it matters (Crawley), having a cup run in the FA Cup even beating a few higher placed sides whilst doing it and getting national notoriety for doing it.

Exeweb Side
Hope Pete stops harping on about the gap. Reading his views on the new Goalkeeping dynasty that is about to start at SJP

Just a few initial thoughts

Temporarily Exiled

Football side
Hope: Beating Argyle on penalties in the play-off final at Wembley
Expectation: Firmly mid-table, defence still looking ropey and struggling to create enough chances up top

Exeweb side
Hope: Migration from vBulletin to something more modern
Expectation: Politics thread to result in 1/4 of all regular posters therein being banned

ryancooper327

I always get slated from my mates by this but I am happy paying my yearly ST fee to be entertained. I don't care where we are playing in, as long as I see my friends and see an exciting match. I've seen city in various leagues and finish every season looking forward to the next one. A good cup run wouldn't go a miss though!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Football side
Hope: Beating Argyle on penalties in the play-off final at Wembley
Expectation: Firmly mid-table, defence still looking ropey and struggling to create enough chances up top

Exeweb side
Expectation: Politics thread to result in 1/4 of all regular posters therein being banned
I don’t think my heart could take pens at Wembley vs the Scum but it would be the ultimate way to win promotion.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
i'm finding it hard to be optimistic about next season. As well as the two big clubs (Bradford and the GAWS) coming down from League 1 a number of other clubs, (Salford, Forest Green, Mansfield, Swindon, Northampton, maybe even Orient) are likely to be spending the types of money we just can't compete with. The hope is that Ollie Watkins is sold for 15 million tomorrow, we spend the sell-on money wisely, the youngsters live up to expectation and we challenge for promotion. More realistically i'll settle for seeing a few local kids breaking into the first-team, some entertaining football, fewer home defeats and a cup run or two.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hope to be around the Play Off positions again.

A nice FA Cup run would be nice,to banish the dreadful memory of last seasons non event.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
i'm finding it hard to be optimistic about next season. As well as the two big clubs (Bradford and the GAWS) coming down from League 1 a number of other clubs, (Salford, Forest Green, Mansfield, Swindon, Northampton, maybe even Orient) are likely to be spending the types of money we just can't compete with. The hope is that Ollie Watkins is sold for 15 million tomorrow, we spend the sell-on money wisely, the youngsters live up to expectation and we challenge for promotion. More realistically i'll settle for seeing a few local kids breaking into the first-team, some entertaining football, fewer home defeats and a cup run or two.
Pretty much how I feel. I don't expect us to get promoted, but would like to see a few more home wins, even if it means a few more dejected trips home from away-days.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t think my heart could take pens at Wembley vs the Scum but it would be the ultimate way to win promotion.
If only it could be assured I'd take it every time

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Exeweb side
I'm trying to put a proposal together for our host to deliver a new Exeweb, but with limited funds it's not going to be a huge change.

Temporarily Exiled

I'm trying to put a proposal together for our host to deliver a new Exeweb, but with limited funds it's not going to be a huge change.
Still on vBulletin?