• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UEFA Nations League

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Portugal vs Switzerland semi-final is on Wednesday with a kick off time of 7.45pm, and England play Holland on Thursday evening which also has a 7.45pm kick off. Final on Sunday.

I don't get the impression that there is a lot of excitement about these games.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Portugal vs Switzerland semi-final is on Wednesday with a kick off time of 7.45pm, and England play Holland on Thursday evening which also has a 7.45pm kick off. Final on Sunday.

I don't get the impression that there is a lot of excitement about these games.
I know a couple of lads who travelled to watch,looks like a good few days of football.

Stelios

Looks as though 'our boys' are keeping up with the tradition of drinking all day, "taking over a square", singing war and anti-IRA songs, abusing locals, throwing bottles and getting baton charged by police.

Fortunately it definitely won't be their fault and will be the fault of local police and venue logistics so we can all relax.

Heard a reporter saying part of the problem is there "isn't much to do in Porto". Well, I've never been but I'm pretty sure it's not compulsory to sit in a pub all day drinking. And if foreign travel is that boring no one is forcing them to go!

fred binneys head

Ironic that our current soldiers are fighting with pride on the D-Day anniversary. Maybe we should have thrown a plastic chair and a few bottles at the Germans and then stood on Omaha beach with our arms outstretched. Would have been a lot easier.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Awful VAR decision yesterday. Gave Switzerland a penalty after play stopped for a Portugese penalty. off to VAR and back up the pitch, with the referee deciding that Switzerland deserved a penalty. VAR wasn't at fault, the referee was!

Great third goal by Ronaldo, and it's Portugal in to the final. England vs Holland kicks off at 7.45pm tonight.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Come on England.

BTW. Who is Sancho?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Awful defending cost us, 3-1 defeat in the end.

fred binneys head

John stones cost us, you mean. ****ing liability.

dontpassback

John stones has been making mistakes like that throughout his career,he doesn’t get picked at City,so why the hell is southgate picking him for England ?

PeteUSA

I dont know how Pickford can be classed as the best keeper to play for England. He was f*****g woeful when he decided he'd stay rooted to his line and allow a header in from 6 yards! I thought he might have done better when following up from his initial save for the second as well! Throwing himself to the ground without looking, and then getting chipped wasnt the way to go!