• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans/members skills list

Red Bill

I’ve been told that there used to be a list members/fans could add their names to, with any skills they had that might be useful to club or Trust. However feedback from those who said they’d registered their skills or offered help has been very negative, with people saying they’d never been contacted when there were times when their skills would have been valuable, or worse that offers of help had been ignored or even dismissed out of hand.

AlthoughI I think both club and Trust are better run these days, no doubt with the benefit of 16 years experience under Trust control, there are still areas that I believe could be improved upon, marketing, publicity and promotion being among them. So i feel its a shame to waste what must be a wealth of talent, knowledge and experience amongst our fanbase.

I’m trying to put a few ideas together to see if a better more productive system could be put in place to utilise the skills of our fans with a view to having something coherent to put before the Trust and get some help developing. However it would be useful to know how the old system worked (or didn’t as seems to be the case) as I have no idea myself and wasn’t really around at the time. So if you were involved or know how it was set up, or were one of the people who registered, i’d be really grateful if you could share your thoughts. If you’re someone with IT expertise, I’d love some help with this as I’m a computer know nort!

If you are one of the many people who’ve put many hours unpaid time into the club or trust, please don’t get defensive about this, I’m not trying to criticise, just trying to see if I can do something positive to help our club. I’ve always believed its important to get fans more engaged and i think a step towards that is to make sure they feel valued, I believe this could help and increase the sense of ownership!

ryancooper327

I have never been involved but this is something I would certainly put my name down for. Hopefully it takes flight. I also have some IT expertise but there is probably someone out there with deeper knowledge than I!

Red Bill

I have never been involved but this is something I would certainly put my name down for. Hopefully it takes flight. I also have some IT expertise but there is probably someone out there with deeper knowledge than I!
Its going to take a lot of work before I'm ready to take it to the Trust, so maybe several months before I get anywhere but its good to know there are people interested. Thanks.

Dannyred

I’ve been told that there used to be a list members/fans could add their names to, with any skills they had that might be useful to club or Trust. However feedback from those who said they’d registered their skills or offered help has been very negative, with people saying they’d never been contacted when there were times when their skills would have been valuable, or worse that offers of help had been ignored or even dismissed out of hand.

AlthoughI I think both club and Trust are better run these days, no doubt with the benefit of 16 years experience under Trust control, there are still areas that I believe could be improved upon, marketing, publicity and promotion being among them. So i feel its a shame to waste what must be a wealth of talent, knowledge and experience amongst our fanbase.

I’m trying to put a few ideas together to see if a better more productive system could be put in place to utilise the skills of our fans with a view to having something coherent to put before the Trust and get some help developing. However it would be useful to know how the old system worked (or didn’t as seems to be the case) as I have no idea myself and wasn’t really around at the time. So if you were involved or know how it was set up, or were one of the people who registered, i’d be really grateful if you could share your thoughts. If you’re someone with IT expertise, I’d love some help with this as I’m a computer know nort!

If you are one of the many people who’ve put many hours unpaid time into the club or trust, please don’t get defensive about this, I’m not trying to criticise, just trying to see if I can do something positive to help our club. I’ve always believed its important to get fans more engaged and i think a step towards that is to make sure they feel valued, I believe this could help and increase the sense of ownership!
I know a number of people over the years who have offered their help through trade, financial & with marketing, feedback was not favourable & showed what a joke the club is with dealing with people wanting to offer help.

Unless you replace certain people at the club nothing will change plus people will not offer again.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Give it a rest. Even when someone tries something positive you come out with yet another baseless dig. Why not try and contribute something positive yourself, or is it beneath you?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I wouldn't say it was a 'baseless dig'. What dannyred has said is, sadly, a very accurate summary of what has happened often thus far. If anything, it serves to underscore the uphill task Red Bill has in his admirable aspirations.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't say it was a 'baseless dig'. What dannyred has said is, sadly, a very accurate summary of what has happened often thus far.
Really ? The words ‘what a joke the club is’ is ‘ a very accurate summary’?

Red Bill

I know a number of people over the years who have offered their help through trade, financial & with marketing, feedback was not favourable & showed what a joke the club is with dealing with people wanting to offer help.

Unless you replace certain people at the club nothing will change plus people will not offer again.
I know response hasn't been encouraging in the past, I said that in the OP, that's why i'm trying to do this. There wouldn't be any point if everything was rosy.

So if you really do know people, maybe put them in touch with me. If they don't contribute to exweb PM me and i'll send you my email so they can get in touch directly. Then I can find out what they offered, when that was, how they made contact and who they spoke to. All this would be very useful information to me as I attempt to put something together.

You were moaning just the other day that no one was interested in your rag trade knowledge re ordering shirts. So could you let me know when this was, how you made contact and who you spoke to and roughly what you said?

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Your reading comprehension can't be so poor that you genuinely don't understand my post. Perhaps you might consider refraining from needless nitpicking and let the thread garner the responses it deserves.

Dannyred

Yes it is accurate When you want fans to pay into the trust but the club turn away help that can result in thousands of pounds saved for the club.

Red Bill asked a good question but not sure many people will answer him with some of exewebs finest who will be ready to shoot them down.

Our marketing is a joke or do you think it’s ok ?

What do we own ?