• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chernobyl

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
British-American (HBO) 5 part Miniseries.

It's brilliant. The first episode was a trifle slow but really takes off during the second. Get it on Catch Up.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Excellent isn't it? I'm halfway through the third episode at the moment and can't wait to finish watching it this season.

It seems that the producers have actually followed the story pretty much true to what actually happened rather than using the usual artistic licencing. Must have been truly terrifying to have actually been on the ground as a fireman or in another role following the accident.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
As the song V13(Strummer)by Big Audio Dynamite released in late 1986 went..

‘I’ve been eating food that ain’t been checked & the Russian rain is beating on my neck’

Alistair20000

Sadly I have missed this to date and need to catch up as the reviews are excellent.

Stelios

This is absolutely brilliant. Thanks for the heads up (y)

Not something I fancied watching because for some reason I thought it would be a bit dry/cliche ridden but I'm absolutely gripped. Not what I expected at all. As Stuffy said the 1st episode is a bit slow but it slowly morphs into something monumental. Truly terrifying and horrific in parts.

No spoilers please because I'm still catching up.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sadly I have missed this to date and need to catch up as the reviews are excellent.
Part 4 tonight at 9.00pm on Sky Atlantic channels 108 or 808 HD.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chernobyl+trailer+sky&oq=chernobyle:+traile&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.3606j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Swanaldo

The first episode was a trifle slow but really takes off during the second.
I concur.

I don't recall when a TV show has made me feel so tense and uncomfortable, yet absolutely gripped.

Swanaldo

Part 4 tonight
Just catching up. Best one so far, albeit a tough watch with the 'animal control' cleanup crew ;(

Mr Jinx

Just finished the final episode # 5. Simply brilliant. Best series I've seen in a long time.

Stelios

Just catching up. Best one so far, albeit a tough watch with the 'animal control' cleanup crew ;(
That's interesting I found that episode the least tense/gripping/interesting.

Overall an amazing series. I re-watched the first 2 episodes because it was such a blur first time around (in a good way) and it was just as tense and gripping.

Aside from the incredible drama and acting the sound/music and visuals were incredible. The attention to detail and whole look and 'feel' were so realistic and raw. I can't recall too many other TV/films having such an impact on me. If any.

10 roentgens out of 10