Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132
Results 1,311 to 1,319 of 1319

Thread: Politics Today

Re: Politics Today

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Can you explain exactly what you mean by the expression "libtard"?
    Someone who combines holding liberal views whilst at the same time being a bit thick.

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Can you explain exactly what you mean by the expression "libtard"?
    Presumably it is the political opposite to a right-tard?

Watched last night's 'debate', which reminded me why I don't normally bother with them. They remain a symptom of entertainment by the lowest common denominator. However, Johnson probably came out of it as the most professional of the bunch which, to be fair, isn't saying much. Stewart was appalling, out of his depth, and I'd have to question both his mental acuity and his sanity. Javid means well and is earnest, but that's about it. Hunt remains a slippery, unpleasant, character from whom you really wouldn't want to buy an insurance policy. Surprisingly, Gove came across as having the most potential.
    That said, each one of them are complete arseholes who have consistently voted against assisting disabled people and those who are long-term sick with a serious illness.
    Last edited by RaeUK; 19 June 2019 at 13:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    So the tally of "controversial" questioners on last night's BBC programme is now two.

Not for the first time, the BBC vetting department is found wanting.
    I submitted a simple "Are house prices too high?", but then I was too ordinary and boring to have been chosen

Given that we're seeing Boris runaway with things with regards to Tory MP backing, I have a question for Jason H:

I kept hearing that Boris had no friends amongst MP's and was deeply unpopular. That's not really ringing true is it? And do you still think he was right to drop out of the race in 2016? It's not like Theresa May would win any popularity contests.

I think he would've actually won it back then (Gove backing or not) and all we have done is waste 3 bloody years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jinx View Post
    Given that we're seeing Boris runaway with things with regards to Tory MP backing, I have a question for Jason H:

I kept hearing that Boris had no friends amongst MP's and was deeply unpopular. That's not really ringing true is it? And do you still think he was right to drop out of the race in 2016? It's not like Theresa May would win any popularity contests.

I think he would've actually won it back then (Gove backing or not) and all we have done is waste 3 bloody years.
    He'd have won it and faced exactly the same problems May faced. That's why he backed out - he knew it would be an excrement show and then he'd ride to the rescue a few years later (i.e. now).

This was only his plan B, mind. Plan A was to lose the referendum and then reunite the Tory Party, but thanks to the combined incompetence and arrogance of Cameron, Osborne, Corbyn and Straw the Younger, Leave won so Plan A had to be ditched

Quote Originally Posted by arthur View Post
    I submitted a simple "Are house prices too high?", but then I was too ordinary and boring to have been chosen
    You should have filled Twitter with anti-Semitic messaging then you'd have been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jinx View Post

I must admit to having underestimated his support from MPs, although I suspect a number are bandwagon jumpers (and/or those who see the writing on the wall and want a job) amongst his support rather than actual fans.

Plus there is the "wartime" factor I've spoken about more with regard to the likes of Stewart. 3 years ago I don't think anyone could have envisaged Parliament would make such a Horlicks of getting us out of the EU, so consider we now need a "wartime" leader to sort it out.

Abdullah Patel posts Anti Semitic messages and he loses his job.

Lisa Forbes posts Anti Semitic messages and she becomes an MP.

Spot the difference.