• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St James Park Best Away Fan Experience

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A little surprised given the development of the away end until November, be away fans in L2 really enjoyed the away experience at St James Park!

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/awayfan/

Excellent news.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Superb accolade for the club, well done to everyone involved.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Superb accolade for the club, well done to everyone involved.
I totally agree. I do however fail to see how the judging was done given the new away end wasn't opened until last november. Even the boys story within the article regarding how superb things were at SJP involved a visit back in august 2018. I guess we took the award based on just a part of the season from november onwards? Good job though, and that away stand does look quite tidy and worth aquiring from Barnet.

Grecian2K

Even though the "new" away stand does have an annoying gap (and still allows a panoramic view of all those terraced houses in St James' Road)? ;)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I totally agree. I do however fail to see how the judging was done given the new away end wasn't opened until last november. Even the boys story within the article regarding how superb things were at SJP involved a visit back in august 2018. I guess we took the award based on just a part of the season from november onwards? Good job though, and that away stand does look quite tidy and worth aquiring from Barnet.
The experience, as noted in the article, wasn't limited to "how nice the away end is", and was rather about the welcome received and the little extras that we put on for away fans - something I wasn't particularly aware about (e.g. the photo in the away dugout).

PeteUSA

Even though the "new" away stand does have an annoying gap (and still allows a panoramic view of all those terraced houses in St James' Road)? ;)
I'd take the new away end any day over the NOG, that only runs just past the halfway line. The sooner the cameras get switched to reflect a decent overview of our ground the better. I understand that we couldnt have extended that new stand as far as the old tapered OG ran, so we have a nice functional acceptable compromise. Thats fine but we really need to switch the cameras as many other clubs have done in League 2, who have inferior backdrops like us.

Oldsmobile-88

I was talking to a couple of FGR supporters in the clubhouse at the New Lawn the other week,they were praising the match day experience at SJP,from being greeted outside,Red Square & the experience inside the ground.
They said their club could learn a lot from Exeter City.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Please can we not talk about the length of the NOG and where the cameras are situated. They have ****** all to do with the experience of the away fan, and quite frankly I'm fed up with the same drivel being repeated all the time.

Last edited:

elginCity

Fantastic news this, the positive feelgood impression on away fans and the long term 'word-of-mouth' factor shouldn't be underestimated.

Congrats to all involved with the initiative, and a big thanks to Richard Knight and his volunteers, well done City ! (y)

muppetdodger

Please can we not talk about the length of the NOG and where the cameras are situated. They have ****** all to do with the experience of the away fan, and quite frankly I'm fed up with the same drivel being repeated all the time.
Plus the NOG is a superb place to watch football from. We have even delved into two season tickets off the back of it!!