• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forest Green Rovers v Exeter City Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Without doubt a 'must win' game! Hopefully tomorrow teatime we'll be in the playoffs!

UTC

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not a must-win game at all if Morecambe do us a favour. One ray of hope is that Forest Green are much worse at home than away and we have the fourth highest points per game on our travels.
https://twitter.com/NTT20Pod/status/1123956844144279554
Anyway good luck to Scunthorpe, Mansfield and most of all Morecambe. May the force be with you all.

PeteUSA

Not a must-win game at all if Morecambe do us a favour.
Unfortunately I dont think Morecambe will be doing us any favours, even if they want to. Newport are riding high on a rich vein of form so we can only hope that Morecambe do pull off somewhat of a surprise and nick 2 points off em' for a draw. We would of course have to pick up all three points to jump to spot 7. It could happen of course, who knows, "footballs a funny old game, Saint".

Rog H K

We could actually get promotion by scoring only 2 more goals so it's not mathematically a must win game. It's a do better than Newport game.
Safe trip to lettuce land. UTC.
Oh! And good luck to S****horpe.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Last game of the season? It's going to be a tense day, hope the players are up for this (and Morecambes!). A win is what we need, even though a draw might be enough.

Driving down to this one, seems easier, just hope there's not too much bank holiday traffic heading towards Gloucestershire. It's not going to be warm on the terrace, so wrap up warm.

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2019/05/02/next-up-forest-green-rovers-vs-exeter-city-2/

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We're in the Blue kit today.

Rog H K

We're in the Blue kit today.
Is it Blue or Purple? Some say Purple. I can't decide.

rustle

We just have to do better than Newport. Even if the three below us on 67 win we'll still be above them on GD, except for Colchester who are only 2 behind us so their score might matter. All the same, will be following two matches this afternoon :S

Temporarily Exiled

Is it Blue or Purple? Some say Purple. I can't decide.
I own that kit, definitely purple.

StroudGrecian

Beautiful sunny morning here in the Cotswolds, looks like it's going to stay that way with very little chance of rain (for once), but as ever it will be nippy on top of 'that' hill.

This will be a tough game, FGR are a good side and ordinarily we would be happy with a draw - I think we will need to win today to finish in the play-offs. If we do somehow prevail there is no chance of meeting FGR in the semis - we would pay either Mansfield, Tisdale's lot, or - a very remote possibility - Tranmere.

Come on City - we can do this.