• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Retained List

Intheknow84

Who do we think is under Contract....

I would say ones going would be, some
May be unpopular but Taylor wants value for money and being injured too much will mean they are off

Pym
Hamon
Croll
Troy Brown
Lee Holmes
Matt Jay
Jimmy Oates

Players to be sold

Boateng - Compo as under 24
Tillson - Nominal Fee
Aaron Martin - Free to another Club

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure Brown will go unless Taylor’s got a replacement lined up. With O’Shea going back to West Brom we’re a bit short in central defence. Think we might keep Jay too simply because I expect his wages to be pence. Don’t disagree with the rest though, with maybe the exception of Boateng however we do need to see an awful lot more from him.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

I still don't get the over excitement about Pym going. He's a decent shot stopper who has more than enough flaws with other parts of his game. At best he's League 1 and he's certainly not irreplaceable.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Croll will most likely go and I wonder if Hartridge will naturally replace him as a backup defensive option.

For me, I’d say the following is what I’d like:

Release: Hamon, Croll, Oates, Jay, Woodman (coaching role)

Make available for transfer: Tillson and Forte

Loan end: O’Shea, Wilson and Wilson

Possible transfers: Pym (if out of contract he may leave on a free) and Boateng

Plenty of scope to bring in replacements. Think we will need:

GK
CB
RB
LB
CM
ST
ST

Spoonz Red E

I still don't get the over excitement about Pym going. He's a decent shot stopper who has more than enough flaws with other parts of his game. At best he's League 1 and he's certainly not irreplaceable.
Felix Norman is progressing into a very capable keeper from what I've seen.

Grecian2K

Felix Norman is progressing into a very capable keeper from what I've seen.
Ah, but how tall is he? ;)

fred binneys head

Ah, but how tall is he? ;)
Doesn’t matter, he won’t be staying at the club. He doesn’t like how the ground looks on TV.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tbh I can’t remember seeing too many poor keepers at this level. If Pym went it wouldn’t be the end of the world as I’m sure there’s capable replacements available.

Red Devon

Can’t see Matt Jay going he’s been one of the real plus points in second half of the season, I’d like to see Holmes stay another year or two but wouldn’t worry if Brown left, defensively is the one area where we need strengthen up a lot!!

Temporarily Exiled

We don't want to be chopping and changing too much if we can avoid it, especially in defence. We're already losing O'Shea and Kane Wilson, I wouldn't want to see us lose all of our three natural centre-halves (Aaron Martin, Troy Brown and Luke Croll) as well as both of our keepers on top of that.

One-year extension for Troy for sure (if only to see if the surgery really has solved his injury issues). If he's fit and has time to form a partnership, he's one of the best at this level. It's not like League Two is awash with top players in his position.