• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Oldham Athletic Prediction thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought I would start this off to save anyone any expectations of a City Victory, I have got a ticket for this one in the SAS or NOG, and whenever I have been in there before as nice as it is we have not won, we have not even drawn we have lost - Blackpool Tranmere Mansfield Crawley, so sorry everyone no hope for this Saturday I would suggest 3-1 to Oldham with Bowman slightly raising our expectations to level after Oldham take an early lead.

Only positive will be the 5k+ crowd which will be there to witness potentially my last attendance in the SAS/NOG

Sorry everybody

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seeing as we have to win this one, I expect we probably will. 3-1 and more comfortable than expected. Bowman Boateng Jay 5,500

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought I would start this off to save anyone any expectations of a City Victory, I have got a ticket for this one in the SAS or NOG, and whenever I have been in there before as nice as it is we have not won, we have not even drawn we have lost - Blackpool Tranmere Mansfield Crawley, so sorry everyone no hope for this Saturday I would suggest 3-1 to Oldham with Bowman slightly raising our expectations to level after Oldham take an early lead.

Only positive will be the 5k+ crowd which will be there to witness potentially my last attendance in the SAS/NOG

Sorry everybody
I very much doubt if these events are connected. :D

"Coincidence is not correlation; Correlation is not causation."

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's hope

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let's hope
And thus, thanks to the increasingly proliferative Mr Bowman at Satanage, we stumble onwards - somehow STILL in 7th spot into another end of season climaxing with crucial games against two more play off rivals.

Hopefully another good £ £ £ for our final home payday - would imagine that, given our relative positions, the latics should bring a few to help fill the summer coffers.

But, as for a score prediction....well, thanks, but I think I'll give it a superstitious pass.

Remember, as the great John Cleese famously said: "It's not the despair. I can take the despair. It's the HOPE I can't stand!"

Last edited:

Ashford Grecian

A 1-1 draw will that be good enough?

GJW

2-0 to City because that is the sort of result we need. Agree about 5500 there to hopefully see a good home performance and we all go home happy that we will be in the play-offs as all the other contenders get beaten.

Ash

Can't say I'm looking forward to this game really. We need a win but so do they. I'd love to see Aaron Martin playing but he won't be, so I predict we'll concede at least one sloppy, gift of a goal. 1-2 Oldham.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
A 1-1 draw will that be good enough?
Only if we follow it with a win away against FGR. Even then with 70 points it could still come down to GD. Currently ours is plus 10 with Colchester close on plus 7 and only Oldham having a better one at plus 13. Then again if we beat them it would also reduce that figure to at least 12 hopefully less. Although having said that if as we hope they then beat Newport in their penultimate game it would be back up. As Jimmy Greaves once said “it’s a funny old game”.

Last edited:

AndrewP

I got a horrible feeling...... Newport have Lincoln at theirs on Saturday (Nothing to play for now they are champs)... If we beat Oldham, they have nothing to play for in their game in hand over Newport.....who if they win vs Lincoln, and we beat Oldham, will still only be 2 points behind us...........

I think we will go into FGR away with the playoff's out of our control........ My head hurts now!