• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Andrew Wiseman

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Andrew Wiseman, the strength and conditioning coach has left Exeter.

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/AndrewWiseman/

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Grockle...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Statement from Wiseman on Twitter

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Exeter City FC for giving me the honour and privilege of being the clubs first ever full time S&C Coach. Exeter City is a a truly remarkable club in many ways, and one I will never forget.

I cannot thank the staff, players & supporters at the club for their help and support, both personally and professionally, during my time in Devon. I wish a very special club every success in their push for promotion this season, and for the future. UTC

benjisheps

Andrew Wiseman, the strength and conditioning coach has left Exeter.

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/AndrewWiseman/
I would imagine that something must have gone on here or he has got another job lined up. The bit about he's a 'London Boy' and hasn't settled doesn't really add up as before he joined City he was coaching the Celtic ladies for 3 years up in Scotland. If it were really down to just not settling in the area he would have gotten through the last 5 games and then left in the summer.

Could also be that Matt Taylor has somebody else lined up and let him know early that he wasn't going to be retained for next season.

Either way, best of luck to him in the future.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely if he was moving back to London due to not being able to settle in the area then he would have done it at the end of the season. Seems strange that he leaves with 5 games to go. I was only thinking the other day how initially he seemed to be a big part of the new set up under MT only to have not heard much about him or from him in more recent months.

dontpassback

Probably rock up at stadium Mk (rofl)

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster

ecfc2000

Can the club meet salary expectations of grads with masters and industry experience?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can the club meet salary expectations of grads with masters and industry experience?
It's a job and a foot in the door - how many grads qualify each year for how many jobs?

Terryhall

It's perhaps unfair to say so but we have had an awful lot of injuries this season. Football is a blame game, if we lose the manager is responsible, if we get a ton of soft tissue or joint injuries, you have to say the S&C coach is going to find himself in the firing line.

It's not that simple or clear cut and injuries can happen for a myriad of reasons but this could be a factor in why he has left.