• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
A thread for players who you think could do a job for us next season.

I'll start the ball rolling with a left field choice that probably won't go down too well.

Shaun Pearson of Wrexham, he's a 29 year old central defender who generally looks very solid, is good in the air and organises those around him. Imho we need more leaders in our side, he certainly fits the bill. He's also a threat at set pieces.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are we looking at sourcing up and coming hidden gems in the Conference ?

What info from those parts TPC ?

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would a Mr J. Stockley fancy a 3rd spell at the club?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would a Mr J. Stockley fancy a 3rd spell at the club?
Thus far he appears to be struggling in the Championship.

I can see him going to a big league one club next season on loan, possibly MK Dons.

I can see him playing for us again at some point however I doubt that will be for several years.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are we looking at sourcing up and coming hidden gems in the Conference ?
We should be as there is plenty of quality in there.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Next season we really need two energetic wing backs, Woodman as a wing back is not what you want.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
One puzzler for me is that at the end of last season Barnet let their keeper, Craig Ross, go, and he has been warming the bench at Woking. In four matches this season he has kept three clean sheets and only let in 2 against Premier League Watford.

I thought he was absolutely outstanding in both matches against us last season (and a Barnet acquaintance said he was good in other matches too!), and were Pym to go in the summer I'd welcome him as Pym's replacement.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Are our youngsters ready for the rigours of league 2? The likes of Sparkes, Seymour, Dodds, Randall, Kite, Key and Smallcombe shoud be looking for more involvement in the first team, and not just the Chackatrade trophy.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone for Shaq Coulthirst ?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ryan Taylor from Plymouth if he becomes available, he would get plenty of assists and a few goals partnered with dare I say it Tom Nichols