• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion MK Dons Display

i8cornwall

Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place it's been a few years since I've stated a thread on here but:

Hi All, the Red Legion have been working on an ambitious display for the game this coming saturday. We are looking for assistance in putting out 3500+ foils that need setting up in both seated stands. The plans are to back the team vocally as we always try to since day one of the group.

Please can you message myself or the group if you are willing or able to help us out.

As always we as a group appreciate all the support from our fellow fans. UTC RL1

jimbo-gould

Credit to you guys for making an effort with displays and increasing the atmosphere, but I don’t like how MK Dons have become our arch nemesis because our previous manager has gone there.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't worry, MK Dons are hated by fans from clubs which have no connection with them at all, they're parasites.

i8cornwall

Credit to you guys for making an effort with displays and increasing the atmosphere, but I don’t like how MK Dons have become our arch nemesis because our previous manager has gone there.
Firstly thanks for your support

Secondly I get what your saying. The display has nothing to do with MK.

This was always going to be a big game for us as group regardless of who was managing them. There whole.existence is somthing we as a group appose similar to our stance on B Teams and boycott of Checkatrade games.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I and others have said many times on these threads, for me dislike of MK has nothing to do with Tisdale and everything to do with their back story. Tis being their manager merely adds spice to the seasoning.

Grecian Max

We'd made some money from merch sales so wanted to put on a display mid season - in the abscence of a cup run or derby match, we had to go with a game likely to have a bigger gate (ideally for foils you'd have a full-ish stand) and this one stands out for obvious reasons in that regard - the ticket sales have been going well. There will be more displays towards the end of the season as long as we're in the mix. With these displays it's always a bit of a gamble on how they're going to turn out so you do you're best to find the most appropriate times.

And no, there isn't any anti-Tisdale banners so pack your pitchforks away ;)

Is this the same ‘red legion’ who were constantly singing tisdale is a Peado and songs about all ex city players instead of getting behind their own team. Some of the songs yesterday were embarrassing
And it seems some of the people singing, wouldn’t even be old enough to remember many of tisdales years

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We'd made some money from merch sales so wanted to put on a display mid season - in the abscence of a cup run or derby match, we had to go with a game likely to have a bigger gate (ideally for foils you'd have a full-ish stand) and this one stands out for obvious reasons in that regard - the ticket sales have been going well. There will be more displays towards the end of the season as long as we're in the mix. With these displays it's always a bit of a gamble on how they're going to turn out so you do you're best to find the most appropriate times.

And no, there isn't any anti-Tisdale banners so pack your pitchforks away ;)
Certainly not a Tisdale fan pleased no anti-Tisdale banners but hoping songs and chants will be aimed at firing up the City players and there will be no repeat of the extremely offensive and mindless songs relating to him that emanated from the Big Bank yesterday.

Grecian Max

Is this the same ‘red legion’ who were constantly singing tisdale is a Peado and songs about all ex city players instead of getting behind their own team. Some of the songs yesterday were embarrassing
And it seems some of the people singing, wouldn’t even be old enough to remember many of tisdales years
Just remember that RL is a small group of lads and aren't the mouthpiece for the entire BB, although it might seem like it. In days gone by any offensive chants (and there have been many) - the criticism would have been towards "the lads at the back" or even the big bank in general. I appreciate RL has given a focal point to the atmosphere but see it from the other perspective would be handy. As I've told Andy Holloway - I wasn't at the game for instance yesterday for example.

Not much more I can say on the matter, I used to be more fussed about what people think but people make their own mind up and its not going to change anything posting on a forum.

As for the display, it's just to back the lads, same as seen previous games like Liverpool, West Brom, Lincoln, Carlisle etc. All money raised is entirely of our own doing, not club funded or club linked.

Antony Moxey

Can I ask what a ‘foil’ is please?