• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A good league 2 punt

100milesaway

Cheltenham Town 6/1 to finish top half

I’m telling you, it should be evens

As ever, can’t be sure of anything, but they are flying.

First 15 matches 10 points
Last 8 matches 15 points

That’s champions form!

Terryhall

15 points from 8 games is ~1.88 points per game - over a full season that would give them ~86 points

86 points would have finished 3rd last season; 3rd the season before; 2nd/3rd the season before that (depending on goal difference).

Generally the top spot has been either above, or very close to, 2 points per game. Lincoln are currently top with 47 from 23, 2.04 points per game.

No denying Cheltenham are in a good run of form right now, but the pedant in me would say it is not champions form. The gap to "top half" is only 7 points so I'd agree that 6/1 is a decent punt at this stage of the season, but the cautious voice in my head says wait until after the January window is done and dusted.

les.gtfc

I actually got 16/1 on us to finish top half a couple of months back. Not looking too bad a bet now as we're only 1 point off 12th now!

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Where do you get these bets? I’m on skybet and can’t see anything like this.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Try this Freddie

https://m.skybet.com/football/competitions

Click onto "Competitions" and then select "Sky Bet League 2." Click on to "Outrights" for this and other wagers

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The same odds are offered by Paddy Power.

100milesaway

I can’t find them on the bookies sites. I google it and it takes me to oddschecker and from there it directs you

100milesaway

I actually got 16/1 on us to finish top half a couple of months back. Not looking too bad a bet now as we're only 1 point off 12th now!
That’s a brilliant bet !! But must have seemed unlikely when you placed it?

I saw Grimsby play at Cheltenham a couple weeks ago. I thought you were exceptionally unlucky. You looked a very good team second half.

100milesaway

15 points from 8 games is ~1.88 points per game - over a full season that would give them ~86 points

86 points would have finished 3rd last season; 3rd the season before; 2nd/3rd the season before that (depending on goal difference).

Generally the top spot has been either above, or very close to, 2 points per game. Lincoln are currently top with 47 from 23, 2.04 points per game.

No denying Cheltenham are in a good run of form right now, but the pedant in me would say it is not champions form. The gap to "top half" is only 7 points so I'd agree that 6/1 is a decent punt at this stage of the season, but the cautious voice in my head says wait until after the January window is done and dusted.

You are right
But it’s definitely top 3 form
They need to catch up but to continue around 2 Pts per game would get them to the play offs (50/1!)

100milesaway

Also Cheltenham don’t really have a star player that will get sold in Jan
I can think of one only but he’s not a Stockley. And down the lower end of the table I doubt anyone is scouting them much.
I think 6/1 is outstanding value. My main concern is come March - when they’ll be very safe - they may not care if they come 12th or 13th
But I’m still thinking maybe playoffs