• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Old Grandstand - your opinion please.

Andy Holloway

I've started this thread to allow people who have seen inside the NOG to post their thoughts and opinions on the facilities.

Can we JUST keep it to those who have had the pleasure of actually going underneath the New Stand and seeing what is there.

If you haven't seen it then your opinion is not wanted, post on the other threads about the SJP Redevelopment.

Whether you are one of the chosen few who will be there tomorrow afternoon/evening or, if you get to have a butchers on Saturday after the FGR game then it is your opinion that is wanted.

If you can remember what was underneath the OG, small dark and slightly damp rooms with pre-historic facilities then you're in for, as the nursery rhyme goes, 'a big surprise'!

From the refurbished turnstiles, all the way up the new stairs and into the concourse it is an amazing achievement what has been provided in just over 15 months.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Went inside on Monday for the first time and was impressed with the whole interior. A very large usable space. I reckon you could almost have a badminton court in the middle section and it has potential for all manner of uses. The amount of natural light from the big picture windows is something you rarely see inside a football grandstand. Love it!

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

Went inside on Monday for the first time and was impressed with the whole interior. A very large usable space. I reckon you could almost have a badminton court in the middle section and it has potential for all manner of uses. The amount of natural light from the big picture windows is something you rarely see inside a football grandstand. Love it!
I note that the Club has applied to extend it's drinks Licence to the whole ground, so should become Licenced premises too ! Get your "decks" out and hire it to party !

Andy Holloway

I note that the Club has applied to extend it's drinks Licence to the whole ground, so should become Licenced premises too ! Get your "decks" out and hire it to party !
CB, only comments by those who have seen inside please!

Colesman Ballz

CB, only comments by those who have seen inside please!
And what makes you assume that I haven't ? The last time you took me to task over comments on this forum I hadn't even made them, and I am still awaiting your apology !

Alistair20000

No fights in the NOG please gents.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
I haven't been in the NOG, can I post in this thread please?

IndoMike

I've seen a video of "underneath" but I wouldn't dream of commenting on anything I saw.

Boyo

I have thoughts and opinions, but I have not had the privilege of walking on the sacred ground under the new stand, so I cannot comment. We are all equal, but some are more equal than others.

Benguin

I have thoughts and opinions, but I have not had the privilege of walking on the sacred ground under the new stand, so I cannot comment. We are all equal, but some are more equal than others.
Well put!

If only people with actual knowledge about subjects were allowed to post on this forum, it would be even quieter.
Not sure i feel part of a community that so blatantly feels the need to limit my input into discussions.