• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jayden Stockley

Red Monster

Jayden has scored more headed goals =5 ,then any other player in the top four divisions
According to D3D4 podcast .

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Keep the crosses coming and he could get thirty goals this time.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
IMO he was the one bright spark is a lacklustre City performance at Yeovil today.
A 100%-er, every time I’ve seen him play, a diamond. Cheers, Tis !

paperclip

A 100%-er, every time I’ve seen him play, a diamond. Cheers, Tis !
Agreed, and yet the clown sat behind me at Yeovil managed to describe him as both lazy and bang-average yesterday!

geoffwp

Agreed, and yet the clown sat behind me at Yeovil managed to describe him as both lazy and bang-average yesterday!
There will always be those who are clueless when it comes to quality where ever it might be.

There will always be those who are clueless when it comes to quality where ever it might be.
Enjoy watching him until
January - he’ll be off to pastures new......

sign of the chimes

I'm keeping an interested eye on Stockley. We had him on loan for the first half of the season before he came on loan to you. I thought he was very raw, like lots of loanees we had at that stage - though he looked like he had a lot of attributes. Do you think he's got the ability or potential to play above L2/L1?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clearly any ECFC fan loves Stockley, personally I'm not totally sure he will leave ECFC in the next year, it really depends how much he likes playing for us and how settled he and his family are, he moved to Aberdeen and it didn't work out, perhaps that will play a part in any decisions he makes, he could stay with us for the long term and go on to be our leading scorer of all time and become a genuine club legend, clearly other clubs will be interested in him and if you play to his strengths I think he could do well in league 1 however I'm not sure his all round game is enough to be a regular at Championship level, he is fantastic in the air however with many teams now playing one up front I think many Championship managers won't think he is mobile enough and if he isn't scoring goals week in week out they will lose patience with him.

I'm hopeful he will be with us for many years to come.

Last edited:

sign of the chimes

Clearly any ECFC fan loves Stockley, personally I'm not totally sure he will leave ECFC in the next year, it really depends how much he likes playing for us and how settled he and his family are, he moved to Aberdeen and it didn't work out, perhaps that will play a part in any decisions he makes, he could stay with us for the long term and go on to be our leading scorer of all time and become a genuine club legend, clearly other clubs will be interested in him and if you play to his strengths I think he could do well in league 1 however I'm not sure his all round game is enough to be a regular at Championship level, he is fantastic in the air however with many teams now playing one up front I think many Championship managers won't think he is mobile enough and if he isn't scoring goals week in week out they will lose patience with him.

Cheers TPC. From the little I've seen of Stockley since he left us he certainly looks as though he's learned how to use his attributes. If he can get you promoted I'm fairly certain he could be an asset in League One. He fascinates me a bit as he's clearly a bit of a 'target man' - but if you look through the lower leagues most of them are not prolific scorers nowadays - they tend to be more about holding balls up and knocking it down for others to play off. £100k clearly a bargain if that's what you paid, regardless.

LOG

However long he’s with us, I doubt his sentence will be as long as your first one.