• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fulham v Exeter City EFL Cup 2nd Round MDT.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think it's time someone started this thread. A victory would be terrific, but it's gonna be a tough one. Hope we can raise our game and they have an off day.
Good luck to the 1000+ City fans making it to the game and to our great team and manager.
Go for it, lads!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Really hoping that Fulham think that this game will be a stroll in the park and they get their comeuppance! Looking forward to an evening by the Thames.

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/08/27/next-up-fulham-vs-exeter-city-league-cup/

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It will be our first experience of VAR. I wonder of it'll come in to play and will it be of benefit to us?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Predicted Fulham line up which includes Chambers, Sessegnon and Schurrle in this piece.

https://soccersouls.com/2018/08/28/jokanovic-to-make-6-changes-predicted-4-3-3-fulham-line-up-to-face-exeter-in-the-efl-cup/

If this side is close to being what they put out I think we could give them a few problems.

Juan Kossof

Juan jnr lives in Fulham so will be there this eve. I've seen Fulham play a few times, much will depend on the side they put out, suspect they will rest a lot of their PL players so we'll be in with a reasonable chance. They're very well-organised though. Should be interesting!

Banksy

We'll have to up our game from last Saturday whatever team they put out.

Joshyd123

Will be my 5th game of the season today. Last time I managed that was about 2014/15 because of falling out of love with ECFC during the end of the Tisdale years.

See you all there!

geoffwp

There has been a lot of football in a short space of time this season so far and it continues. We need to give recovery time to those players who are critical to our league season and who have played all those games in full. A match to give other squad members game time i think or it could come and bite us later with injuries. Good opportunity for Taylor to mix things up.

ExeterCityLad

Never understand this 'give players a rest' malarkey after playing 90 minutes of football a couple times a week. If a professional sportsman cannot run around for 90 minutes and be fully fit 72 hours later, especially with the care and attention they're given.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Never understand this 'give players a rest' malarkey after playing 90 minutes of football a couple times a week. If a professional sportsman cannot run around for 90 minutes and be fully fit 72 hours later, especially with the care and attention they're given.
Me neither. They did it frequently and perfectly well 40 or more years ago (without all the care and attention).