• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Umm CB. The Brexit debate is on the SC.
I try and avoid that one G2K, it seems to be the Exeweb equivalent to the UFC, the site owners could make a fortune from staging Live Contests, or better still by sticking the thread behind a "pay wall" ! ;)

Red Devon

Don’t like the Premier League B teams involvement in this competition but can certainly see the benefit of given competitive games to the emerging young players like Collins, Sparks ect also of great benefit to players coming back from injury and those on the fringes.....as long as we don’t start playing a full strength side and risking suspensions and injuries I hope we can go all the way.

tea stand

I like the drip feed approach to conveying my disdain for this 'competition', or farce as I prefer to call it.

It's a stealthy scam by the EFL to show how much fun it would be to have B teams playing against lower league teams.
If we don't stop this crap now by boycotting or voicing our displeasure (and hitting the club in the pocket by not turning up is the best way to do that imho) then the next logical step is a regular league fixture against Swansea/Watford/West Ham B team in the league. Riveting.

I look forward to everyone then complaining about how harsh it is that traditional lower league clubs get pushed out of the league or re-shuffled into a lower league to make way for the big boys reserves.
Still, at least it might get the hordes of Premiership supporting plastics in the south west to SJP to watch Utd and Citeh's kids turn up occasionally.

Or I could need to ask the nurse for my tinfoil hat and medication to cure the paranoia. Who knows. In the meantime I'll stick to my beliefs and enjoy calling this 'competition' out for being nonsense.
this is brilliant...couldn't have summed it up better

hienzeECFC

Surely it is a case of the EFL, and the clubs who foolishly voted for the proposal of including PL teams, "selling their souls for a mess of potage" and bugger the long term consequences for English football. :mad:
Wasnt it a case of the premier league going 'vote for this or the money to you will dry up'.

Much the same as they did with EPPP

Leads

If literally everyone stopped going then they would have to put an end to this farce

Matt Russell

If literally everyone stopped going then they would have to put an end to this farce
If literally everyone thought the same as you about this competition, you might be right. BUT however much you wish they did, they don't.

Leads

If literally everyone thought the same as you about this competition, you might be right. BUT however much you wish they did, they don't.
I'm not sure if anyone actually like the competition? I could be wrong but I get the impression people attend because they want to watch/support Exeter in whatever comp they are in but if we didn't enter it no one would care in the slightest. If people go along and watch then fair enough, they are free to do what the want. I'm not going to line up outside the gates and start shouting SCABS at anyone heading in but I think it would be good for us and lower league football if we put an end to this nonsense- an attendance of zero would really send a message (I appreciate this is never going to happen).

tea stand

I'm not sure if anyone actually like the competition? I could be wrong but I get the impression people attend because they want to watch/support Exeter in whatever comp they are in but if we didn't enter it no one would care in the slightest. If people go along and watch then fair enough, they are free to do what the want. I'm not going to line up outside the gates and start shouting SCABS at anyone heading in but I think it would be good for us and lower league football if we put an end to this nonsense- an attendance of zero would really send a message (I appreciate this is never going to happen).
another great post!

geoffwp

Maybe not Leads, but that could all change once people really see the back door has been quietly opened and a cold wind has started blowing through.

Colin B

Maybe not Leads, but that could all change once people really see the back door has been quietly opened and a cold wind has started blowing through.
Please do not forget the extra money involved, I think it is £10,000 per win? which means 3 wins = a possible two new players? for our promotion push