• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tiverton Town

citylad60

I remember reading not too long ago, that the club were trying to re-establish links with tivvy.
Does anyone know if that still continues ?

ianaplincorners

I remember reading not too long ago, that the club were trying to re-establish links with tivvy.
I think it was Tiverton Town trying to re-establish the link not City

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The U15s played Bristol Rivers at Ladysmead recently so there must be some sort of relationship.

Cowshedder

When I watched Tivvy a couple of years ago I spoke to a director who said Argyle were friendlier to Tivvy as they let them keep the gate money for the friendly where we wanted a share of it. Every little helps!

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Scott Rogers at Tiverton is keen to
https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/tiverton-town-keen-rebuild-non-1500279

I know that they have been using our artificial pitch to train on this season and there was a report I've read with Scott saying how pleased he was with that. (I can't find the article so no link).

Perhaps, if we had the offer of a friendly against a team higher up the leagues we could play it at Ladysmead like we did with Palace a few years back?

Langer

I went to the last so called friendly Nathan Rudge and Chris Holloway put some real bad tackles in one of our trial guys was lucky not to have his leg broken, the ref told the Tivvy manager to sub one of the players or he was going to send them off.
It was a regular-ish pre season fixture before that I went to every one for years around that time James had his leg broken at Crediton so I guess time was called on these types of games.

Bongo1959

There's nothing to gain playing this standard of football for exeter

The deluder

Telll that to Jordan Storey. He would think differently!

Temporarily Exiled

There's nothing to gain playing this standard of football for exeter
They're only one division below Torquay.

Bongo1959

Let's keep playing teams in lower leagues and beating them 5-0 that's really good preparation for a league two season !!!