Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The Pace of change quickens

Re: The Pace of change quickens

Quote Originally Posted by andrew p long View Post
    And now an advert on the official site for the U18 coach (to replace the promoted Dan Green)
    https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/...ger-pdp-coach/

Am liking the ( P Tisdale inspired ? ) requirement clause, listed in the "key tasks" - ie managing the team in ALL competitive matches...… !

With the seemingly imminent abandonment of the Bristol "car pool", I am wondering if MT has adopted the policy of requiring players to live locally ? Certainly his own enthusiasm for the area is very evident, and some of the new signings have already voiced similar feelings. Maybe Harley and James were told that any future contract extensions would require them to relocate ?

Interview with Strength and Conditioning coach Andrew Wiseman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4zm537jYj4

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post

A fascinating insight into the "behind the scenes" work there! Very interesting!!! (And, no, that is NOT a sarky comment btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    With the seemingly imminent abandonment of the Bristol "car pool", I am wondering if MT has adopted the policy of requiring players to live locally ? Certainly his own enthusiasm for the area is very evident, and some of the new signings have already voiced similar feelings. Maybe Harley and James were told that any future contract extensions would require them to relocate ?
    Much was made of 'the Bristol car pool' but worth remembering David Wheeler was a member of it and we never had any reason to question his commitment to the cause. In a not dissimilar vein, I understand Sean Dyche still lives in Northants and his assistant Ian Woan in Nottingham and that the two of them share a flat in Burnley for three nights a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post

Sounds like a top man. I’m already in love with Matt Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Much was made of 'the Bristol car pool' but worth remembering David Wheeler was a member of it and we never had any reason to question his commitment to the cause. In a not dissimilar vein, I understand Sean Dyche still lives in Northants and his assistant Ian Woan in Nottingham and that the two of them share a flat in Burnley for three nights a week.
    I'm afraid all the moaning about players commuting from Bristol made people look such a bunch of insular yokels . It's only an hour's drive, anyone who's lived in or around a big city will see an hour as a normal length journey to work.
    Last edited by Red Bill; 09 August 2018 at 17:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bill View Post
    I'm afraid all the moaning about players commuting from Bristol made people look such a bunch of insular yokels . It's only an hour's drive, anyone who's lived in or around a big city will see an hour as a normal length journey to work.
    I don’t think you should be calling Malcs a yokel ,he was always banging on about it !

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bill View Post
    Agree in principle about the feasibility of the commute, but it's not an hour, I do an equivalent journey regularly (to and from Whiteladies Road / Clifton) and it's roughly an hour and a quarter to an hour and a half depending on traffic.