• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Conundrum - Reid & McAlinden or Stockley & Jay

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nice one to have and be interesting to see how it evolves going forward bearing in mind Matt Taylor's comments http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/matt-taylor-praises-exeter-citys-431008

Obviously at the moment you would want to start with Reid and therefore McAlinden(or Holmes? after his link up play with Reuben on Saturday) then bring on the big guy and little guy? Be interesting!

muppetdodger

Youre assuming both have to come off at once which isn't the case. They can all play with each other, if you know what I mean. Personally not sure Jay will cut the mustard at league level, but here to be proved wrong.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that another option might be for Stockley to occupy the front top spot and Reid to operate just behind him on the right. Can't see Stockley starting on the bench too often and Reid's playing so well at the moment. McAlinden might drop back to his super sub status which he may not deserve but could work for the team.

elginCity

Yep, club's rarely plonk their record signing on the bench and with Reid on fire at the moment, can see a Stockley/Reid Smash n Grab arrangement being trialled. Tough on Mac, but he is effective from the bench and good cover.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
McAlinden has also proved very effective in a wider role, could be that all three of Reid, Stockley and McAlinden could play together therefore. With Lee Holmes, Ryan Brunt, Jack Sparkes, Matt Jay, Kyle Edwards in support. Stick Robbie Simpson at the back. CHAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGEEEE!

Bittners a Legend

Not sure you could justify McAlinden ahead of Holmes out wide. There have been times this season at home when Reuben Reid has pulled out to the right hand side so not entirely possible you could see Holmes-Stockley-Reid I suppose. Would have thought the signing of Edwards means it is also possible Tisdale might just intend to actually play a more traditional 4-4-2 with Tillson and one other (Taylor/James) both sitting. Certainly wouldn't be what you would expect from a Tisdale team but who knows - we seem to be much more pragmatic and solid this season.

IndoMike

It really is a rubic cube now. Holmes on the right...or Edwards? And if Brunt comes good....? The great thing is the competition for places and quality substitutions. At first glance it seems that Edwards coming on as sub with 30 minutes to go could rip a defense apart..(early days, I know).

Last edited:

eurogrecian

you could see Holmes-Stockley-Reid I suppose
That sounds awesome.
What a great position to be in when we have so many players on form that its difficult to drop one :)

Number13

Forget Jay, Brunt and Simpson. They are now just wasted wages for JPT games

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We won't see much of Brunt this season anyway regardless of the new signings, he's in Tisdales longer term plans as he recovers from horrific injuries.