• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Board election - Candidate's Manifestos

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Manifestos of the twelve candidates for election to the Trust Board are now available on the Trust website at

http://ecfcst.org.uk/2016/09/14/election-to-the-trust-board/

The candidates are (in alphabetical order):

Mark Cordell
Sean Devine
Paul Farley
Terry Hall
Clive Harrison
Peter Holding
Neil Le Milliere
Paul Lethbridge
Clive Matthews
Matthew Phillips
Byll Pulman
Martin Weiler

Just click on the name of each candidate to read their manifesto.

Ballot papers and hard copies of the Manifestos will be sent out in about a week's time to the Trust's electorate of around 3,000 over-16 Members. We will also be sending a electronic Newsletter with the Manifestos and other information to all Trust Members for whom we have an email contact.

We would strongly encourage all Trust Members to return their ballot as it is important that the Trust Board has as strong a mandate as possible from the Membership.

Procedure for the ballot is that the papers have to reach the Returning Officer by Saturday 15th October and the results will be announced at the AGM on Saturday 22nd October at the St Sidwells Community Centre in Sidwell Street. Ballot boxes for posting the ballot paper will also be available at St James Park (Club Reception, Bars or Trust Stall) before the Notts County (27th September) and Grimsby (8th October) home games.

The Hustings, where the 12 candidates will answer questions from Members, will take place in the Grecian Centre at 10.30 on the 8th October. Questions from Members can be sent (by 1st October, please) via [email protected]. As there are so many candidates it is likely that questions will have to be selected and grouped.

Bittners a Legend

Thanks for posting, John. Sorry if I'm being dim but in the past you have been able to see who nominated a candidate and I always found this quite informative. Are we able to see who nominated the candidates anywhere? Will that be included when the ballot papers are sent out?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the update John - an interesting and varied bunch of candidates which will make narrowing it down quite difficult.

Red Monster

Mr. Sean Devine [G]

nick_exmouth

Mr. Sean Devine [G]
Time for new blood. Won't be voting for any of the existing board members, bar one.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mr. Sean Devine [G]
As a former professional player who has demonstrated his love of the area he could be what the fans want.

I am also quite taken with 2 of the candidates towards the bottom of the list.

Boyo

There are 3 stand out candidates as far as I'm concerned.

Are there any rules on discussing it here?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are 3 stand out candidates as far as I'm concerned.

Are there any rules on discussing it here?
The candidates are not allowed to canvass on here but there is nothing to stop others saying what they want, within the rules of Exeweb and what the mods. will allow.

My only plea is to keep it civilised and ideally comment on what you like rather than what you don't like. Don't forget all the candidates have put their heads above the parapet to stand for election and all love ECFC as much as you do!

Boyo

The 3 stand out candidates for me are:
Terence Hall
Matthew Phillips
Byll Pulman

They feel like the three candidates who best represent my current frustrations with the current set up and will definitely be getting my vote.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
We're more than happy to have an open and free discussion about the election and candidates standing.

We're more concerned that the Trust doesn't consider us a worthy platform for such a debate.

Clearly, we're going to have to take a far more considered view of where and how we spend the money you have helped raise, on the forums, within the club. That's providing we decide to continue contributing, rather than saving it up until the time is right to distribute more wisely.