• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Positions that must be filled next season?

Saint James

Assuming this season has been a dress rehearsal for a full on promotion next year what positions must be filled with new recruits? For me assuming Ribs will play at right back and we have already got the hard man role filled by Russell Penn then I feel we must get another centre back on board - firstly in case a club comes in for JMT but equally this is still clearly a weakness in our side that needs addressing. Clearly we have to recruit a decent left back as again a huge area of weakness this season. I would argue that the midfield otherwise is OK but up top we need to bring in at least two strikers of which fingers crossed one is Stockley.

Therefore for me my shopping list is a centre back, a left back and two strikers.

What's on your list to gain promotion? (of course assuming we don't go up this season lol)

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm guessing there will be a bit of a clear out of fringe and older players to free up wages as the squad is quite big. On the assumption Ribs and Holmes stay and we therefore don't need to offer big to replace, I would like to see a LB, a big CB and a tough midfielder if Manny is not given his chance. If Stockley stays i would like him and Ollie to lead the line with Holmes / Wheeler / Nicholls providing the ammo, so I don't necessarily think we need another front player. I've been away, who is Russell Penn ?

Saint James

I'm guessing there will be a bit of a clear out of fringe and older players to free up wages as the squad is quite big. On the assumption Ribs and Holmes stay and we therefore don't need to offer big to replace, I would like to see a LB, a big CB and a tough midfielder if Manny is not given his chance. If Stockley stays i would like him and Ollie to lead the line with Holmes / Wheeler / Nicholls providing the ammo, so I don't necessarily think we need another front player. I've been away, who is Russell Penn ?
Supposedly signed a pre-contract agreement on another thread? Former Cheltenham player currently at York.

ecfctis

Manager!!!

Antony Moxey

Goalkeeper, left back, centre back, central midfielder, central midfielder, striker, striker.

DanceMagnet

Goalkeeper, left back, centre back, central midfielder, central midfielder, striker, striker.
Yep, you got it right. Not sure we can trust the current manager to do the same.

AlanDevlin

Manager!!!
l-)(puke)l-)(puke) (bangshead)(bangshead)

And thats the limit of images allowed....

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We need improvement in all areas on & off the field

Left back & someone to replace Oakley priority - a striker or 2 is much needed as well given Stockley id imagine is unlikely to stay

Last edited:

Banksy

Here we go again , wonder how long it will take for our own Mr Tactics to put together a squad capable of holding their own in the middle of League 2 . Promotion push my arse.

manc grecian

Left back, centre back, strikers x3, centre mids x2.

Worst part of the season is contract renewal time when he gives players 3 months to make their minds up and Oakley is given a new year deal. Ruthlessness needed but probably won't happen.