• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Loan Window

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will we? Won't we?

Despite Tom Nichols going I still think we have an exciting squad going forward, and the thought of Stockley partnered by either Wheeler or Hoskins or Nicholls is also an exciting prospect, so I don't think we shall miss Mr Nichols that much despite his 12 (including 3 pens) goals that much.

The midfield is also strong with the addition of another attacking midfielder in Jake Taylor, however we then hit our vulnerable area (which a lot of sides have done this year) the defence, as the majority of us have been screaming out all season and last summer, we need a left back and BSH 8'11 centre back in the mould of TAH. Let's hope that we can sign a championship/premier lad (or 2) who is nearing the end of their time at the club & unlikely to be offered a new contract (ala Jayden Stockley hopefully) so that he can come down and impress and booster our defence.

Time will tell!

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought pre season we needed a c/b preferably a large one,.havnt changed my mind and we should call Connor back from his loan and give him 1st team time, it'll be tuf for him to step up but not impossible like, imo, it will be if we go up.

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Left back on loan would be perfect

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Left back on loan would be perfect
It would but it won't happen this season.

I suspect he will wait to see how we get on and if we are struggling for goals he may bring in a forward. In my mind we need another CM with Noble and Harley missing relatively often and Manny being frozen out.

Banksy

If indeed Manny has been ' frozen out ' I wonder why. And if that is indeed the case why did we bother signing him in the first place? Maybe he's carrying a niggling injury we're not party to?

Last edited:

On the up

Centre mid and a striker would be good. We have to continue our winning run. With time running out this season, having noble & Harley out leaves us short. We won't beat enough of the top teams with the old guard in the lineup.

Colesman Ballz

Matt Tubbs has gone on loan to Eastleigh. That's one player I am relieved will not be lining up against us when Pompey roll up at SJP ! :)

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Matt Tubbs has gone on loan to Eastleigh. That's one player I am relieved will not be lining up against us when Pompey roll up at SJP ! :)
Proven proper goal scorer in league 2 & 1 - would like to think we was interested

We need a centre half , left back and centre forward ASAP - seems unlikely

Banksy

Chance lost imo , we could have had a couple of decent loan window signings lined up before our recent two game dabacle to show our playoff intent.We had the cash. No ambition.....

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've got a right back who's been training with us the last couple weeks. Not what is needed but suppose there's no harm in letting him train.