• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
You think stoke are bigger than derby? Rowett left because he was promised more money to spend on the squad at stoke because they weren’t under as much pressure from the FFP rules.

joining-the-CLIQUE

Strikes me as a bit of a "Gary Rowett type move". First 'big' club to flutter their eyelids at him and he's gone.

Shame for Ollie I think.

Brentford to get Warburton back?

Smith is a Villa fan, was at the '82 European Cup final and his Dad was a steward at Villa for years, I don't think he'd have left for any other club in that league.

Terryhall

Dean smith appointed villa manager tonight - big bid for Ollie coming? Have villa got enough money?
Bad news methinks. Everything was going so well...
Could mean Brentford are more likely to accept a bid in Jan (assuming a bid is forthcoming from the rumoured Premier League suitors). Not sure Villa would be a good move for him - unless they are planning to move on Jack Grealish (as I don't think he and Ollie would fit well into the same team, they both play a similar role, either floating behind the striker or coming in off the left side.)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps the other Brentford forwards are more tempting targets than Ollie and he'll stay put.

Terryhall

Also to add, if Ollie does move on in Jan, it may mean that Brentford would want to recall Ogbene from his loan spell with us (just a guess on my part based on zero inside knowledge.)

tonykellowfan

Maupay has got to be interesting clubs higher up.

grecIAN Harris

Strikes me as a bit of a "Gary Rowett type move". First 'big' club to flutter their eyelids at him and he's gone.

Shame for Ollie I think.

Brentford to get Warburton back?
As the Clique says, it's his big club. Smith is a big Villa fan. When the club you supported as a boy comes knocking, it's hard to say no.
[/I]

IndoMike

Wonder if Brentford will handle their transition period as well as City has. Hopefully the Bees' new manager will appreciate Ollie..

elginCity

Wonder if Brentford will handle their transition period as well as City has. .
Depends if they refer to it as their implementation period, if so it'll turn into a right shambles.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've decided that whatever I say isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference to anyone on here so I concede defeat. If you all want to keep pointing to the fact that it's because we have a wealthy owner and ignore everything else, that's entirely your prerogative to do so.

The reality however is somewhat different to what you choose to 'want' to believe.

Throwing tons of money into a football Club is no guarantee of success. The Championship is littered with wealthy clubs with wealthy owners who cannot get out of the championship and some (Sunderland) who can't even stay there. Aston Villa were weeks away from administration before they were taken over. A club the size of Aston Villa?

If you think an investment (actually mostly a series of loans that will need to be paid back at some point) of £100m (over 5 years!) allows you to complete at Championship level, you're gravely mistaken, because compared to the wealth of many of the other Championship clubs it's peanuts.

I don't think many of you truly understand what it takes to be competitive in the Championship, because if you did, you wouldn't keep coming out with these daft comments.
All gone quiet, all gone quiet, all gone quiet over there.