• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Long Lost Bee

They play some great stuff, Brentford. I wouldn’t be surprised if they get into the play offs and if Ollie continues his form he’ll be going for big bucks next summer imo. If it’s true they’ve already rejected over £10M I can see him going for double that in a year, assuming he keeps the form up all season.
I think your right up there with your assumption. I’d go even further to say if he continues to improve it may between £20-£30 million. I can guarantee he won’t go cheap, have no fear about that. However if we do go up ( a possibility) he may hang around another year, he’s on a very long contract.

Boyo

I think your right up there with your assumption. I’d go even further to say if he continues to improve it may between £20-£30 million. I can guarantee he won’t go cheap, have no fear about that. However if we do go up ( a possibility) he may hang around another year, he’s on a very long contract.
I think from an ECFC perspective we want him to have a fantastic season, for Brentford to get to the playoff final, Ollie to score a hat-trick, but lose 4-3. That'll maximise his value nicely.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Always had a soft spot for Brentford and their ground (even back in the days when they used to be oppos) - what's not to like about a ground with a pub on each corner!!!

(beer)(beer)(beer)(beer)

Always struck me as probably the best step up at the time for Ollie - and, with the add-ons, hopefully a WIN-WIN for both of our clubs.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
We could do plenty with £2.2m, and plenty more with more. In the meantime do look after his cruciates. :)
Yep. Order a big consignment of cotton wool.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
...what's not to like about a ground with a pub on each corner!!!
Shame they're all rubbish! Magpie and Crown in the High Street FTW.

Nickp

Shame they're all rubbish! Magpie and Crown in the High Street FTW.
Interesting article in the Mail today under What's Hot and What's Not. Under HOT-Ollie Watkins. "Scored the goal of the day across all 4 divisions when his 20 yard shot beat Jack Butland. Punctures the myth that you can't play good football in the Championship. Worth a look on the internet" Hopefully will boost his transfer fee when Brentford sell him on.

Stelios

Always had a soft spot for Brentford and their ground (even back in the days when they used to be oppos) - what's not to like about a ground with a pub on each corner!!!

(beer)(beer)(beer)(beer)

Always struck me as probably the best step up at the time for Ollie - and, with the add-ons, hopefully a WIN-WIN for both of our clubs.
They're moving aren't they? Building a new ground near Kew Bridge. I wonder if they'll have to sell players to help pay for it? (devil)

Can see Watkins moving to a club like Bournemouth and getting an England call up one day.

Long Lost Bee

They're moving aren't they? Building a new ground near Kew Bridge. I wonder if they'll have to sell players to help pay for it? (devil)

Can see Watkins moving to a club like Bournemouth and getting an England call up one day.
Sorry to disappoint you. It’s paid for.

Stelios

Sorry to disappoint you. It’s paid for.
That's a shame :)

Who/how/what is financing it?

There was a lot of 'buzz' (sorry) a few years ago about Brentford doing 'Money Ball' on transfers etc. Is this still going on? Was it genuine or just media guff?

Long Lost Bee

That's a shame :)

Who/how/what is financing it?

There was a lot of 'buzz' (sorry) a few years ago about Brentford doing 'Money Ball' on transfers etc. Is this still going on? Was it genuine or just media guff?
It’s being financed by the owner a Brentford fan Mathew Benham. If I’ve got it right the old ground is going to the owners as payment or part payment on which they are going to build low level housing. Plus on the new stadium site and a bit of land across the road, yet to be cleared they are building 10 blocks of flats and a hotel. On the Money Ball buzz. It’s only part of whet the club do they will scout players for a very long time and due Mathew Benhams companies Smart Odds and Matchbook have extensive knowledge of huge numbers of talent and underrated players in many countries. So far I think we’ve bought in £13 millions worth of players and sold for just over £50million over the last 4/5 years. Hope this helps.