• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ticket price review...

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well well well, ECFC management in nearly admitting they got the ticket prices wrong shocker.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-City-look-ticket-pricing-gate-falls-lowest/story-22833543-detail/story.html

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A load of old waffle really.

Where's this young and exciting team he's talking about??

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well well well, ECFC management in nearly admitting they got the ticket prices wrong shocker.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-City-look-ticket-pricing-gate-falls-lowest/story-22833543-detail/story.html

Well well well indeed !....let's hope it translates into some quick decision making and also some quick PR to get the hopefully "new" message across to as wide a group as possible, if it were me that would mean all social media, all newspapers across Devon, South Somerset, West Dorset etc, all local radio stations ..........hopefully will not be massively let down by a poor new message though !!.......at the very least will be highly bemused if this doesn't happen prior to next next home game.....

Grecian_Jay

A load of old waffle really.

Where's this young and exciting team he's talking about??
How dare you! Davies, Oakley, Woodman, Butterfield, Baldwin, Sercombe are all young. Bennett is definitely excitign to watch too. :D

ChrisWickens

JT comments on the lower than expected attendance v York but I wonder how many season ticket holders chose NOT to attend. For a variety of reasons, mostly club-related, I was one of those and I know of two others who sit close by that made the same decision.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
JT comments on the lower than expected attendance v York but I wonder how many season ticket holders chose NOT to attend. For a variety of reasons, mostly club-related, I was one of those and I know of two others who sit close by that made the same decision.
You're still included in the attendance figures, no? Most clubs include ST holders in their figures now whether they were there or not.

LOG

You're still included in the attendance figures, no? Most clubs include ST holders in their figures now whether they were there or not.
You are correct - ST holders are counted whether they're actually there or not.

On the review, it's good to see that the club have acknowledged that this is a problem. It's just a shame that it's come to this as anyone could see that the new structure was never likely to be popular. It could also be a very tricky PR exercise.

Grecian_Jay

On the review, it's good to see that the club have acknowledged that this is a problem. It's just a shame that it's come to this as anyone could see that the new structure was never likely to be popular. It could also be a very tricky PR exercise.
The club usually handle them fine so I wouldn't worry...

Bittners a Legend

I'd like to be involved in this review - where do I apply?

In all seriousness the Trust should be pushing for significant supporter representation at any review. The club clearly has done no consultation in years and I highly doubt the likes of Tagg and co have a clue what being a "normal" supporter is like these days.

Sadly a review of prices alone is not enough. They need to look at the whole strategy as there are lots of things you can do that will cost little or nothing to promote games. Of course Tisdale's terrible on field product is a major issue when it comes to falling gates.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

One key, as Tagg mentions in the article, is the impact on ST holders were we to drop the prices.

Personally, and I know I'm probably in the minority, I don't think it is purely down to the prices that attendances are low. Given our home record last season and our one point from three games start to this (albeit one point more than most would have predicted!), it's perhaps not surprising to see 2.7K in the ground.

Incidentally, the report has an error in stating it's the lowest attendance for a league match at the Park since 2006. It may be the lowest SATURDAY attendance since 2006 but we had fewer in the ground for the Wycombe and Morecambe Tuesday matches last season (for example).