• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Could we win the league?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great start by City so far, the stand out things for me have been that we're very solid at the back, organised all over the pitch and are capable of playing some exciting football, something sorely lacking for 2+ years now. Good balance of senior pros and youngsters, I feel the fans are connecting better with this group than we have done in a long time.

We have been pretty consistent and are taking a decent amount of points away as well an impressive 12 out of 15 at home. This league doesn't really have any stand out teams, I think we are a better than the team that went up in 08/09 (that might be controversial...)

Can we win our first title since 1990?

ecfc70

We could win it but then so can about 10 other teams in this league.
Between now and new year will see 4 or 5 teams go on a run that will start to separate the wheat from the chaff at the top, and a couple at the bottom will creep up to give themselves a shot at the play-offs, even Accrington will win a few soon and start dragging themselves closer to the GAWS and Chipnickers

Not a case of could we win it, far too early to get all excited about that sort of scenario.....get to 50 points early, then look at the play-off spots and if we're in with a shout of the top 3 in spring and close to the leader, then we can dare to dream

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can we win the league? Of course we can.

Will we win the league? Unlikely.

Our squad is relatively small and no doubt the injuries will hit us at some stage. So far, so good, but I'm still waiting for ys to **** it up. Its natural after watching City for 27 years to think like this.

Grecian Max

I think this is our best chance to win a division since I've been watching City (1995)

Which isn't saying much I know!

Last edited:

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yoikes! Now you've done it Max! GJ will be on here soon to shoot you down with all the usual crepp about Tis being Sh*te, half the team incapable of playing football, boring footie at the park, Steve P being a worthless useless waste of money, trust being clueless, Gary Johnston should take over etc etc etc............. You just know it's gonna happen. No-one is allowed to make positive comments on exeweb any more! That's why I rarely bother with these forums nowadays.........

grecianboyy

I don't see why not,but we won't

Pete Martin (CTID)

Our squad is relatively small and no doubt the injuries will hit us at some stage.
I thought they already had? Isn't our improvised striker our top marksman now, after being pulled out of defence? ;-)

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought they already had? Isn't our improvised striker our top marksman now, after being pulled out of defence? ;-)
We could do. But I doubt we will. Too early on in the season to be able to tell really.

wemissmoxey

We won't even make the play offs.

WXF

You can get 28 to 1 on it - City are currently the (joint) eighth most fancied team, inferring our most likely finish will be about eighth/ nineth, which doesn't sound unreasonable. Fill your boots if you think otherwise GM: http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/winner