• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Official SIEGE Army ultras thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster

Needs one place for this to be organised. Let's use this thread...?

Story thus far...

Al came up with the brilliant siege mentality campaign, which was then taken to the terraces, with some fantastic performances from City fans, notably at Walsall (x2) and Sheffield United - two of the best ECFC atmospheres in recent years (certainly top 10 for me).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The challenge is to take this approach to both home and away games, which hasn't been been as successful thus far. Therefore an organized Ultras group is the way forward.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As mentioned Argyle are giving this a proper go, with flags, chants etc being organized and effort put in the pull everyone together to make it work at Home Park. I'm proud of our support and don't want to be second best to those manner inbreds down the road.

We are a fans run club and this is a perfect opportunity to pull fans together again, like we have in the past to save out football club. We are in a unique position so let's publicise this with some a proper display of support.

The Big Bank is perfect for this, all singers can congregate and we're all standing! No issue with seats etc.

This requires people to step up to the plate and help make this happen.

I've got the scarves done, and so far they've sold well (hoping to shift a fair few at Orient away too). I've got quotes for flags on poles too - and hopefully with some Trust support these will come to fruition - I'm confident of this - these can go forward but need people to wave them

A drum is going to be purchased through "drumming up support" and in HarryECFC we have a willing drummer - please get behind him as his beat will be important to keeping songs going - "red and white army" at Wycombe wouldn't have happened without a drum. Those who oppose the drum, go with the flow this time, we'll try and keep it tighter with the right songs.

Going forward, we need to get some new songs together and run them out on some leaflets to hand out outside the ground to get fans familiar with new songs such as We love you (st pauli's) (AU idea!)

Of course, this can't happen with just a few people, we need together for this - let's get a f*cking awesome atmosphere going home and away.

If you want to be part of this, post on this thread. Bring as much ticker tape as you can to the Orient game - I'm going to fill my rucksack with a load (in small plastic bags, like they had FC Augsburg in Germany). Sing all game, and back the drummer. Lift your SIEGE scarves for every set piece and get behind the best team in Devon.

*FINAL NOTE: Keep the negative vibes out of this thread, I don't listen to those who say things can't be done, there is always a way forward and hope people will back this and show commitment like they already have done so far*

Last edited by a moderator:

Grecian Max

PS sorry for the massive post!!

Please read lol ;)

Roy Hodgson

Belieeeeeeve!!!

Don't do too £any new songs a few sung loud and long is what is required, plus the St Pauli song needs another decent outing. Song sheets on alternate ref and white sheets of paper. Wave them about!

Grecian Max

Belieeeeeeve!!!

Don't do too £any new songs a few sung loud and long is what is required, plus the St Pauli song needs another decent outing. Song sheets on alternate ref and white sheets of paper. Wave them about!
Good call, we have plenty of songs already, plus as you say the st pauli song.

Come on people, sign on the dotted line!!

It can only happen if people commit - it doesn't take much, I know how I feel leaving the ground after an brilliant atmosphere, it's great!

Grecian Max

I think a massive "TOGETHER IN BATTLE" flag would with a Grecian warrior would look great, other suggestions please?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can we please carry on singing "we're the red and white army" at 4000 beats per minute please, i really enjoy that and don't want to murder people at all.

AndyB

As you know Max, I'm in!

Just need people to commit to standing together and making sure we ALL join in with ALL the singing. I think once we have the scarves and some flags it will help to keep things going.

As for the big flag, why not just one with the logo on the OP? With EXETER along the bottom, as on the scareves?

(How many scarves will you need to sell to be able to afford the big flag?)

lmartin

Administrator
I'm in.

I also have an A1 printer. Wonder if I could put that to good use with a few posters to dot around SJP (if they would let us). Maybe one as you enter the BB turnstiles.

AndyB

I'm in.

I also have an A1 printer. Wonder if I could put that to good use with a few posters to dot around SJP (if they would let us). Maybe one as you enter the BB turnstiles.
Good idea. It would be good to make as many people as possible aware of what is happening, and where to stand to join the Siege Army.

Not everyone vists ExeWeb. :)

Thames Valley Red

I am in Max, just calm it down abit your end and we will be fine <winks!> I will buy a scarf at the game and look forward to party we will create. I am coming with some extras as well. Get a few friends along everyone and just maybe will move from our present position into a respectable league position, ready for a dig at moving up further later in the season.

We have done very well since this all started and I urge EVERYONE to get involved, as we are a slightly different football club to others, so lets make a special effort!

UTC

TVR
Ps.Well done Max!