• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chris Weale departs

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Another departure from SJP, this time the goalkeeping coach

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/chris-weale-departs/

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another departure from SJP, this time the goalkeeping coach

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/chris-weale-departs/
Must have had a falling out with Matt Taylor

Why weren't we told about this sooner.

Off to MK.

I havent got a ****ing clue so will make it up anyway.

* delete as applicable

iscalad

WE seem a bit short in the goalkeeping department.

Joshyd123

What's going on behind the scenes?!

AndrewP

I do worry with all the departures behind the scenes. Certainly, who knows, could all be for genuine reasons and coincidental (I think one of our physios is off back to Uni etc.), but still, when recruitment on the pitch is important, to be looking for a number of back room team can't be helpful...

Should we be worried?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps he is thinking of applying for the Yeovil job? NIce comments, hopefully it is all just coincidence, unfortunate, but coincidence and at least plenty of notice to get replacement in.

With all the deapartures behind the scene Matt can get in what and who he wants, had half expected Eric to have gone this summer seeing his love of Cumbria when he signed and not really hearing much from him during the season

Last edited:

OmanGrecian

Weales have fallen off

Antony Moxey

Of course we should be worried. A physio, a fitness coach, a somethingelse coach and a goalkeeping coach - losing that is like ripping the spine out of the team. We'll be lucky if we make it to the first friendly, all our players either dead, dying or the size of a space hopper. What is Matt Taylor thinking? How dare he dismiss callously hard working people only doing their best for the club without immediate replacements lined up, as well as extra staff to help these new recruits bed in and spread the workload.

To be honest I'm going to put it out there: frankly I'm ****ting myself at the prospect of not having a goal keeping coach and a physio and some other people. I'll be laying awake at night in constant turmoil about how we're going to avoid doing a Torquay and plummeting towards the D&E Premier (if we're lucky). I'm genuinely not sure the club will ever recover from these devastating losses. Should we be worried? Damn straight we should.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
This possibly gives us a little more flexibility, i.e. we could sign a number one keeper and an experienced back up keeper who coaches the number one, just an idea that may free up some cash for other areas.

elginCity

Should we be worried?
It is a little concerning with so many departures in the goalkeeping and physio departments at once. MT is a totally different character to PT, different MO, so there will be a period of adjustment and that is to be expected. As has been said before though, the real difficulty is finding suitable replacements, easier said than done.