• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ade Edmondson column

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just read his devon live column. Very good and made me laugh.

Unlike Sercombe, Coles and Wheeler before him it appears that Ades words are not re-written by a journalist. I presume because he's a more experienced writer than most journalists!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just read his devon live column. Very good and made me laugh.

Unlike Sercombe, Coles and Wheeler before him it appears that Ades words are not re-written by a journalist. I presume because he's a more experienced writer than most journalists!
No presume about but rather blindingly obvious.

ChrisWickens

Any link for this, please!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

SomeSunnyDay

I don't know why he's wasting his time writing for devon live when he could be writing for the mighty Some Sunny Day :$

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't know why he's wasting his time writing for devon live when he could be writing for the mighty Some Sunny Day :$
Have you asked him? ;)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
My problem with it is that it's written as if it's in a national newspaper and the audience are non-City fans.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
My problem with it is that it's written as if it's in a national newspaper and the audience are non-City fans.
Have to agree DW's was more than a typical footballer's effort. Although he used a few column inches expressing his political views, as much as I enjoy Ade's humour, his was more of a personal take on ECFC matters and more to my taste.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have you asked him? ;)
I sold him a copy once ☺

His seems like a one off whereas wheelers was a regular thing so they're bound to differ..Plus not everyone in Devon is a city fan. Just saying.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I found it amusing. I liked DW's column but obviously it was a very different read. AE's writing style is entertaining and readable which is a very pleasant change from the dross normally served up by the Excess & Error.