• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I rest your case Bridgy !
As this and recent posts is a follow up to my earlier post I will point out that I deliberately used the word misdemeanour but perhaps I should have also added and therefore not a criminal act……I will also now rest my case.

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
It is correct that the CPS decide whether to bring charges rather than whether the victim of a crime decides to 'press charges'. However, in practical terms, it is often the victim's choice because the CPS take the victim's desires into account when deciding whether it is in the public interest to pursue the matter and often the evidence of the victim would be crucial in establishing guilt. If the victim doesn't cooperate with the CPS they often won't be able to meet the necessary evidential hurdle to secure a conviction.

Trapdoor

In Jevs case, they might well try to settle out of court if CPS are pushing for prosecution.

Average Joe

All I know is someone really missed out not making an Exeter City documentary this season. Stanno returns, MT stolen, everlasting interim in KN, brawls in the city, Caldwell takeover, sell out crowds, an exciting transfer window & now this… only just over half way through the season!
This could be the tenth season. It really has been a rollercoaster over the last decade

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
It is correct that the CPS decide whether to bring charges rather than whether the victim of a crime decides to 'press charges'. However, in practical terms, it is often the victim's choice because the CPS take the victim's desires into account when deciding whether it is in the public interest to pursue the matter and often the evidence of the victim would be crucial in establishing guilt. If the victim doesn't cooperate with the CPS they often won't be able to meet the necessary evidential hurdle to secure a conviction.
I concur.

It may well be that the Mason Greenwood case is one where the decision has been directed by the accuser not wanting to give evidence in court.

CityTillIDie

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The charge is very serious and if upheld he won't play for us ever again. Simple as. I think as a point of discussion, it is not worth discussing until the case has come to a conclusion and verdict given. Either for Jevani or the claimant.[/QUOTE]

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A reminder that sub-judice laws apply.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
A reminder that sub-judice laws apply.
Yes.

I think this thread should now be locked.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes.

I think this thread should now be locked.
Agreed!