• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnsley Away - Saturday 8th October

Mine turned up this morning! 😃
mine didn't ... have emailed club.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Assume we can pay on the day for this one?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Assume we can pay on the day for this one?
Yes, I believe you might even be able to pay with real paper* money too. It does go up on the day to £25 though.

*Or rather that non-vegan polymer stuff.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just home from a great weekend. Decent curry, friendly people, good beer, and great football from City. 🙂

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just home from a great weekend. Decent curry, friendly people, good beer, and great football from City. 🙂
Not forgetting the great weather :cool:

Bridgy 81

Not forgetting the great weather :cool:
True.
It got very bright and hot in the second half with the sun coming right in on us.
Fortunately I had my ECFC trucker cap to shield it and enable me to clearly see Jay’s second.

Martin Weiler

Yes, an excellent trip. Fabulous ground too with parts of the old West Stand dating back to 1904. Fulham have the oldest complete stand in the ‘92 but that was built in 1905. So Barnsley really do have a bit of stadium history there.

One other random point. I noticed in the Barnsley FC display in the town Museum that the Club was formed in 1887 by one Reverend Preedy. What caught my eye was that Preedy’s first name was Tiverton. Unusual. I wonder if there is any connection with the Devon town?

The things you learn on the road watching City……

Bridgy 81

Yes, an excellent trip. Fabulous ground too with parts of the old West Stand dating back to 1904. Fulham have the oldest complete stand in the ‘92 but that was built in 1905. So Barnsley really do have a bit of stadium history there.

One other random point. I noticed in the Barnsley FC display in the town Museum that the Club was formed in 1887 by one Reverend Preedy. What caught my eye was that Preedy’s first name was Tiverton. Unusual. I wonder if there is any connection with the Devon town?

The things you learn on the road watching City……
I didn’t get the chance to see the museum Martin as we left it a bit late arriving in Barnsley on Saturday.
But there’s always next time. I should have mentioned it to you in person as I was sat with Fred (from on here) when you came over to chat with him at halftime.
Anyway, this is the final evening of my Yorkshire sojourn as we set off tomorrow for the long drive home to the West Country, unfortunately not via South East London.
There was a nice touch to end the trip though as on our way back into Bradford earlier this evening after visiting Helmsley Castle and Riveaulx Abbey we drove passed a pub on the city outskirts called The Stansfield Arms.
It was obviously written in the stars!
Very pleasant vegetable rogan josh this evening too. Derby, in a couple of weeks time, has a lot to live up to.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn’t get the chance to see the museum Martin as we left it a bit late arriving in Barnsley on Saturday.
But there’s always next time. I should have mentioned it to you in person as I was sat with Fred (from on here) when you came over to chat with him at halftime.
Anyway, this is the final evening of my Yorkshire sojourn as we set off tomorrow for the long drive home to the West Country, unfortunately not via South East London.
There was a nice touch to end the trip though as on our way back into Bradford earlier this evening after visiting Helmsley Castle and Riveaulx Abbey we drove passed a pub on the city outskirts called The Stansfield Arms.
It was obviously written in the stars!
Very pleasant vegetable rogan josh this evening too. Derby, in a couple of weeks time, has a lot to live up to.
Bridgy - bad news I'm afraid.
M5 / M6 closed from midnight tonight for 24 hours so only way back is via M1 to London & 303.
You know your're a Grecian !
UTC & Safe Trip home (whichever route you take)

Bridgy 81

Bridgy - bad news I'm afraid only way back is via M1 to London & 303.
Unfortunately no can do.
I’ll have to drive through the bollards on the M6/M5 then I’m afraid as we have a National Trust pit stop en route at Wightwick Manor (a personal favourite) near Wolverhampton.
I like football and culture and curries (and a few other things).