• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

Agent Andy

Hopefully Taggys doing all he can to keep Taylor , like we do with our youngsters, play hardball 🤨🤨

Agent Andy

I can tell you now Exeter are not easy to deal with in outgoing transfers, so hopefully they are being a right pain in the arse and getting as much compo as possible 👍

robchave

Tully time?

Memphis09

Nobody mention Sam Stubbs as next manager he does not have much to do on a Saturday lol

I think if Matt was going to club that had the potential to be in the premiership then yes go but Rotherham no chance
I think you are going to be disappointed

Taylor has already made up his mind. It was Taylor who brought up the propect of him leaving in yesterday's interview when he could have said nothing. I suspect he told the players after the game and just wanted to buy a little more time to make some farewell phone calls today to other staff.

Why would Taylor talk about '24 hours to think it over' when he could just have patted away what was actually a question about whether the rumours around Rotherham had affectsd the players?

haka

It would be funny if this was the longest ever thread on nothing happening ;) We'll find out soon enough.

I think if Matt was going to club that had the potential to be in the premiership then yes go but Rotherham no chance
As City fans we think that he's a top manager, but if you follow a Championship club with eyes on the Premier League you see things differently. You don't see all the behind the scenes success at Exeter, you don't care about the ownership or "spirit" of the club. You only see a modest L1 side after years in L2, mid-table prospects, a manager you've barely heard of. From their perspective, they'd be demanding "ambition", even if that wrongly translates into a Big Name, but limited success.

Matt would have to guide City to another promotion or play-offs before bigger clubs come calling.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surely Nicky Ajose is the man for the job??

Memphis09

I think you are going to be disappointed

Taylor has already made up his mind. It was Taylor who brought up the propect of him leaving in yesterday's interview when he could have said nothing. I suspect he told the players after the game and just wanted to buy a little more time to make some farewell phone calls today to other staff.

Why would Taylor talk about '24 hours to think it over' when he could just have patted away what was actually a question about whether the rumours around Rotherham had affectsd the players?
Sorry what I meant to say was Rotherham have not got a hope in hell chance of being a premiership club
But if Matt was going to club with the potential of going up yes go
Other than that I would stay but agree think he will go
Definitely don’t want him to go

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’s really bad news if Taylor leaves. The warning signs were clearly there in his interviews towards the end of the window when the club wasn’t willing to invest what he wanted/needed.

The real positive of this season was that we kept everyone from our promotion, this included the coaching staff. I really don’t think half the players would have stayed if Matt Taylor wasn’t around. I also don’t think Jay would’ve come back if it wasn’t for Taylor. With the departure of Dan Green there’s a not opportunity for continuation from within as we know it. It’s definitely a scary thought for an Exeter fan that we’d have to start over in a new league in a possible outdated model that can only take us so far. This is an unknown for a lot of fans if Taylor leaves and who knows what direction we go from here.
Not as scary as giving up our model to "go traditional" and find ourselves playing the likes of Wrexham, Chesterfield, Notts County, York City, Southend, Oldham, Scunthorpe, Torquay....

Yep, the traditional model works really well

Memphis09

Surely Nicky Ajose is the man for the job??
He’s not fit