• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Shrewsbury Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
A stansfield last minute winner would be pretty epic.
Tis written in the stars - Grecians everywhere will run naked through the streets !
UTC

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
1-1. A 95th minute equaliser from a Jamal header rescues a point.

tom_ecfc

Blackman
Sweeney - Diabate - Hartridge/Grounds
Key - Sparkes
Collins - Kite
Brown
Nombe - Stansfield

Corey

Blackman
Sweeney - Diabate - Hartridge/Grounds
Key - Sparkes
Collins - Kite
Brown
Nombe - Stansfield
Would be a pretty massive call to swap a midfielder for a striker for an away game! Think we’re far more likely to see:

Blackman
Sweeney - Stubbs - Diabate
Key - Kite - Harper - Collins - Sparkes
Nombe - Brown

With Stansfield coming off the bench again for now

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd be very surprised if MT doesn't retain three in midfield for an away fixture after it's served us so well. So, for me this will be Harper's first start.

I reckon it could also be Stansfield's first start. As we are without Smith I can only see us starting with one of Nombe or Stansfield for the time being and because we play Burton on Saturday and (I think) they are more physical than Shrews then I think Nombe is more likely to start against Burton.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Would be a pretty massive call to swap a midfielder for a striker for an away game! Think we’re far more likely to see:

Blackman
Sweeney - Stubbs - Diabate
Key - Kite - Harper - Collins - Sparkes
Nombe - Brown

With Stansfield coming off the bench again for now
Think Diabate is injured so I think it will either be Grounds or Hartridge (if fully fit) that will replace him as the LCB as you have it listed.

Other than that, I think you are probably spot on. Hopefully Stubbs is also fit to go tonight.

ECFC89

Football's a team game. Matt Taylor is not about to crowbar Stansfield into the team at the expense of his successful formation. Another factor is loyalty to Sam Nombe. If he were to stick to the same formation, dropping Nombe would be a huge slap in the face for Sam. You have to keep morale high across the squad. Should not change it for naked windmills through the street if Stanno scores.

Cannot wait to see Stanno bag a hatful, but still don't think Taylor will see it as the right time to change it. (Unless........because it is two games in five days he may rotate the players)

Grecianpasty

Stansfield in for Nombe and Harper starting.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking forward to my fist visit to the Montgomery Waters Meadow (and a 0-1 City victory).
Me too, working near Oswestry so heading over there soon (y)

David Treharne

Looking forward to my fist visit to the Montgomery Waters Meadow (and a 0-1 City victory).
In my mind it will never equal Gay Meadow. Where else could you see a man in a coracle collect balls that got kicked into the river?