• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

tonykellowfan

This quote is a goal of the season nomination @tonykellowfan
Hold my hands up and apologise. Amazing work by the club. I am a ****.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hold my hands up and apologise. Amazing work by the club. I am a ****.
Fair dos ! FWIW I think Pastyboy got it wrong, he should have called it "Owen Gole" ! :)

ryancooper327

May be good to allocate the squad third of the late ‘windfall’ to extend some contracts.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
May be good to allocate the squad third of the late ‘windfall’ to extend some contracts.
Jevani deserves an improved contract, and a bonus.

andrew p long

Still waiting. Pickup a youngster from non league?
though that's not allowed outside transfer windows is it? I thought the EFL transfer window applied to registration of players with EFL clubs. The non league transfer regs apply to registration of players with those non league clubs.

So my understanding was - now our transfer window has closed - that non league clubs may sign players from us, but we can't sign players from non league.

Anyone able to confirm either way?

denzel

though that's not allowed outside transfer windows is it? I thought the EFL transfer window applied to registration of players with EFL clubs. The non league transfer regs apply to registration of players with those non league clubs.

So my understanding was - now our transfer window has closed - that non league clubs may sign players from us, but we can't sign players from non league.

Anyone able to confirm either way?
Yeah that's what I thought, which is why Chesterfield and Wrexham were hoovering up players last season

Antony Moxey

Jevani deserves an improved contract, and a bonus.
The way he’s playing I’d give him a contract for life. Or failing that a two year roller surely…

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has started with Josh Coley's extended deal. I would now try to tie down Josh Key before he rediscovers his form of 18 months ago and Jevani can ask for whatever he wants :)

dommers

I would now try to tie down Josh Key before he rediscovers his form of 18 months ago
Would be interesting to know if he'd sign it. I can quite easily see him leaving when's his contract up. Not sure what we'd get in compensation as he's less than 24.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see our friend Isaac Vassell is still training with us. He can be seen numerous times on the recent training video. I wonder if we’re just letting him train and that’s it, or would we decide to offer him something?

I can’t imagine he’d get much game time now we’re well stocked up top. Unless he can play CB of course!