• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Presumably we've enquired about Jokull? He's still at Reading and appears to be 4th choice.

ExmouthMart

I don’t understand why people still going on about Dawson. He’s played his part and he’s gone….. Surely if Taylor wants to sign Bass it’s because he thinks he can do a job for us and not because we are getting desperate to sign someone! It’s a stop gap till Lee is ready for the first team. It’s the pathway thing for selling players on…..

ExmouthMart

Presumably we've enquired about Jokull? He's still at Reading and appears to be 4th choice.
According to some of the experts on here, signing him would be a backward step. Not me personally though.

red1

Jokull wasnt a great keeper. His kicking was about as good as Paul Jones!!
He was popular because he engaged with the fans. Move on

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
What did the people in the office say?
No comment 😃

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Clearly not first choice target…
Yeah , the other ones got away.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jokull wasnt a great keeper. His kicking was about as good as Paul Jones!!
He was popular because he engaged with the fans. Move on
Unfair.

Jokull is very left footed and early on was sold short several times by our defenders putting the ball to his weaker right foot. Once this was corrected his kicking and control of his area improved.

He's also 2 years older now and with more experience. I'd prefer a 30 year old myself, but Jokull would not be a bad choice.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unfair.

Jokull is very left footed and early on was sold short several times by our defenders putting the ball to his weaker right foot. Once this was corrected his kicking and control of his area improved.

He's also 2 years older now and with more experience. I'd prefer a 30 year old myself, but Jokull would not be a bad choice.
I think the issue for many is, that in Dawson we had a top end league one goalkeeper. It was always unlikely we where going to get someone of equal quality, but Jokull imho would not be a bad choice for next season albeit not the experience i would prefer.

tonykellowfan

It is worth saying that the back 3 also played a significant role in making Cam look good. Stubbs especially.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t understand why people still going on about Dawson. He’s played his part and he’s gone….. Surely if Taylor wants to sign Bass it’s because he thinks he can do a job for us and not because we are getting desperate to sign someone! It’s a stop gap till Lee is ready for the first team. It’s the pathway thing for selling players on…..
'King hell wake me up, I must be in a nightmare, I am agreeing with you on this one.

P.S. would also like to see Jokull back with our back three supporting him