• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
i presume they wanted to hear my voice to make sure I was alive ?
The paper also rang someone in the office to get a quote about what sort of guy I was ! :mad:
What did the people in the office say?

red1

Whether the Bass deal happens or not, he seems to have excellent potential and by all accounts is a superb shot stopper. My concern is that he seems to be prone to a rush of blood to the head. Cam really marshalled the back line so well and you could tell the defence had confidence in him and without this, it could cause some defensive problems.
All keepers at this level have the occasional “rush of blood” and all have a mistake in them. Cam Dawson no different.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
What did the people in the office say?
They said : "So we'll need a new keeper. Better check Exeweb to see if there's any news on the Summer Transfer News thread". (Just saving ourselves from Hants' wrath for going off topic)?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whether the Bass deal happens or not, he seems to have excellent potential and by all accounts is a superb shot stopper. My concern is that he seems to be prone to a rush of blood to the head. Cam really marshalled the back line so well and you could tell the defence had confidence in him and without this, it could cause some defensive problems.
Cam wasn't infallible and was prone to a flap now and again. If we sign Bass we'll have to wait and sea.

rifraf

Just to get this right ........ the latest rumour is we're holding back to sign a goalkeeper from a team in our own league where he's rated 4th best, and whose last 4 loans have been Salisbury, Torquay, Southend (relegated) and some games for Bradford City?

Somebody wake me up plse.

milts

Clearly not first choice target…

dontpassback

Cam wasn't infallible and was prone to a flap now and again. If we sign Bass we'll have to wait and sea.
Let’s hope he doesn’t get tangled up in the nets😁😁😁😁

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can confirm we've offered Bass a contract but he wants to mullet over before committing.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree, Cam was amazing and we won't get anyone of his calibre but he wasn't faultless. I felt he was always a bit hesitant coming off his line to sweep up.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just to get this right ........ the latest rumour is we're holding back to sign a goalkeeper from a team in our own league where he's rated 4th best, and whose last 4 loans have been Salisbury, Torquay, Southend (relegated) and some games for Bradford City?

Somebody wake me up plse.
According to our Pompey friend who posts on here, Bass played for a large part of their season where they made the L1 play offs and 'hardly put a foot wrong' so I wouldn't write him off just yet before seeing him play.