• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are we approaching a Crossroads

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a rather tatty, studenty area,
One shouldn't have to mix with such types in that ghastly squalor.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
......I don't doubt there are people who would like to invest (benevolently) in return for having a say in how the club is run.....
It's that bit I dislike, I dont like the taste of it or the smell of it. I would personally never buy into it.

DB9

TBH only a filthy rich, Genuine fan of the club would handover a shedload of cash without wanting anything in return or say in the club and I don't see those people queuing up to do that.

A business would only do it as a business opportunity or in the form of sponsorship, Which we have a dept to arrange that anyway, They won't be lining up to give (A lot of) money without wanting something in return.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
TBH only a filthy rich, Genuine fan of the club would handover a shedload of cash without wanting anything in return or say in the club and I don't see those people queuing up to do that.

A business would only do it as a business opportunity or in the form of sponsorship, Which we have a dept to arrange that anyway, They won't be lining up to give (A lot of) money without wanting something in return.
It would take a fan with no interest in running it winning the Euro Millions (£130m or so) handing over money for the club. I mean if i won £130m i would handover £10m to the trust, but for infastructure / income generation plans, not direct player investment.

DB9

It would take a fan with no interest in running it winning the Euro Millions (£130m or so) handing over money for the club. I mean if i won £130m i would handover £10m to the trust, but for infastructure / income generation plans, not direct player investment.
Exactly my point, I'd underwrite the cost of the C&F development but never had an interest in running or owning the club but other than what you say a hugely wealthy person isn't going to rock up, Offer the world and invest a shedload for nothing, Plus a L2 club is a good way of a multi-millionaire becoming a millionaire.

geoffwp

Totally agree, only trouble is I dont buy any lottery tickets. Mind you I'd happily contribute if it was exeweb doing it as long as it was clear that all winnings go to the trust for use on infrastructure projects.