• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Going back to the Tory/Daily Mail cries of "conspiracy" over tactical voting, someone just showed me this.

289569064_10158567127560807_4094704450945264968_n.jpg

Shameless or what?

IndoMike

Going back to the Tory/Daily Mail cries of "conspiracy" over tactical voting, someone just showed me this.

View attachment 8732

Shameless or what?
You can categorize the Bile along with the Sun as UK gutter press

IndoMike

So what are today's pledges from G7, NATO, the UN, the EU, and our beloved Tory Government?
a. Save the planet by 2030........approximately)
b. Level up the UK - make everyone poor (except for the entitled few).
c. Provide anti- aircraft weapons to Ukraine? (Oops : we forgot about that)
d. Help poor countries by supporting them with 600 billion dollars ( not quite sure when, though).
e. Apply sanctions to VIP Russians (not really Vlad - just joking)
f. Get very, very angry with Vlad and tell him off - then get back to our luxury existence of VIP travel, the very best international cuisine, 6- star accommodation in awful places like the Alps, the Med and the Algarve.
Yes, talking is a wonderful career - be a diplomat - see the world and do fukc all.

Fed up with the system, which I have always tried my best to avoid.

lamrobhero

Re The barrister's strike: I watched a Parliametary Justice Commitee hearing circa 2010, when legal aid budgets were being cut and employment rights curtailed. What struck me was that the Justice Secretary and the Tory Committee Chair made no reference at all to access to justice for all. In their minds the poor do not need access to justice.

DB9

With parts of the Brexit Deal ( Which was the oven ready, Best deal possible) about to be ripped up (NI Protocol) and we're about to put tariffs on Steel, Interesting that the two regions in the UK that have done the best since Brexit is London (No surprise there and makes a mockery of so called "Levelling up") and NI, Now I wonder why that is?

DB9

Re The barrister's strike: I watched a Parliametary Justice Commitee hearing circa 2010, when legal aid budgets were being cut and employment rights curtailed. What struck me was that the Justice Secretary and the Tory Committee Chair made no reference at all to access to justice for all. In their minds the poor do not need access to justice.
And you're surprised because....? Name of a couple of things where "Ordinary or poor" people have suffered years of injustice, Hillsborough, Grenfell, Windrush amongst others

lamrobhero

And you're surprised because....? Name of a couple of things where "Ordinary or poor" people have suffered years of injustice, Hillsborough, Grenfell, Windrush amongst others
In general I am not surprised. But a Justice Secretary and a Justice Committee Chair? I expected them to at least pay lip service to it, not ignore it completely.

DB9

In general I am not surprised. But a Justice Secretary and a Justice Committee Chair? I expected them to at least pay lip service to it, not ignore it completely.
They're willing to break international law so domestic law and justice doesn't mean much to them either.

arthur

Interesting that the two regions in the UK that have done the best since Brexit is London (No surprise there and makes a mockery of so called "Levelling up") and NI, Now I wonder why that is?
The Irsh press have pointed this out. Unionism is bad for the NI economy, but the DUP don't care.

The Irish equivalent of Private Eye even went so far as asserting that the DUP had to be dragged kicking and screaming to sign the GFA and that their voting for Brexit was an attempt to undermine it, as what they really want is a return to a hard border in Ireland. This wouldn't surprise me.

But the consent of these people is essential apparently......

DB9

The Irsh press have pointed this out. Unionism is bad for the NI economy, but the DUP don't care.

The Irish equivalent of Private Eye even went so far as asserting that the DUP had to be dragged kicking and screaming to sign the GFA and that their voting for Brexit was an attempt to undermine it, as what they really want is a return to a hard border in Ireland. This wouldn't surprise me.

But the consent of these people is essential apparently......
I do remember their opposition to the GFA, Was it Mo Mowlan (RIP) who managed finally to get them to agree? NI needs to thrive otherwise it could get tricky again overe there.