• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Straw in the wind. Billy Sharp assaulted by a fan.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are they really talking about sending pitch invaders to Rwanda?
What a spiffing idea!
Guilty as charged M'lud ! Although my solicitor will argue in mitigation that Hants has misrepresented the facts by omitting the appended emoji which delineated that it was made in jest, as a topical reference to Ms Patel !
But as a serious point, the politicians will come up with such crazy ideas if football cannot get it's house in order. The Police will seek ever more draconian powers, not only to make their lives easier, but to boost their bean counting of crime figures, upon which they are judged. It may only be a very small mindless minority creating the problem but all football fans will have to carry the can and suffer the consequences.

iscalad

What laws are people saying it's okay to break?
The law about running on the pitch. So basically anyone on the pitch after the Barrow game. Definitely saw someone on the telly, who I know.
ps not me.
Although I will confess to the Don Valley, walked rather than ran though.

i8cornwall

The law about running on the pitch. So basically anyone on the pitch after the Barrow game. Definitely saw someone on the telly, who I know.
ps not me.
Although I will confess to the Don Valley, walked rather than ran though.
If you stayed on the running track you might be safe from any letters landing through the letter box isca, with the way our country is they have probably just got around to delivering those bans by now. 😉

Alistair20000

What laws are people saying it's okay to break?
Posts 33 45 51 and 55 appear to take the line that breaking the Football (Offences) Act 1991 is O.K.

The Act is very short and clear. For those who do not assiduously read legislation here is what Section 4 says

“It is an offence for a person ........to go onto the playing area or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not normally admitted without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove)”

Punishable by a fine up to £1,000 maximum.

Section 2 deals similarly with throwing missiles such as flares.

Using the example of the Barrow match, every person who went onto the pitch committed an offence. Given the tannoy warning nobody had legal authority to do so and celebration of promotion does not look like a lawful excuse to me.

I once saw a couple of f*ckwits go onto the playing area at the Oval in a Test match and a steward who tried to stop them was knocked over and was in serious distress. A couple of other folk rushed onto the playing area and when challenged shouted out that they were doctors going to help the steward in trouble. It seems to me they had a lawful excuse.

I am not suggesting Plod should seek to prosecute all those who went onto the pitch but let us be in no doubt that what happened was not in any way lawful.

Given the specific wording of the Act isca was lucky not to have his collar felt by going onto the running track at the Don Valley. :)

As CB points out, if Football does not get a grip on this issue expect Government intervention which may be OTT as there will be a clamour to “do something” which will become irresistible, especially if there is a serious injury or heaven forbid a death.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The police are on the pitch! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

iscalad

Posts 33 45 51 and 55 appear to take the line that breaking the Football (Offences) Act 1991 is O.K.

The Act is very short and clear. For those who do not assiduously read legislation here is what Section 4 says

“It is an offence for a person ........to go onto the playing area or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not normally admitted without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove)”

Using the example of the Barrow match, every person who went onto the pitch committed an offence. Given the tannoy warning nobody had legal authority to do so and celebration of promotion does not look like a lawful excuse to me.

I once saw a couple of f*ckwits go onto the playing area at the Oval in a Test match and a steward who tried to stop them was knocked over and was in serious distress. A couple of other folk rushed onto the playing area and when challenged shouted out that they were doctors going to help the steward in trouble. It seems to me they had a lawful excuse.

I am not suggesting Plod should seek to prosecute all those who went onto the pitch but let us be in no doubt that what happened was not in any way lawful.

Given the specific wording of the Act isca was lucky not to have his collar felt by going onto the running track at the Don Valley. :)

As CB points out, if Football does not get a grip on this issue expect Government intervention which may be OTT as there will be a clamour to “do something” which will become irresistible, especially if there is a serious injury or heaven forbid a death.
I don't believe I was caught on camera.:sneaky:

geoffwp

Very informative post Al which will no doubt go right over the heads of our 'it's just innocent fun' brethren.

Alistair20000

I don't believe I was caught on camera.:sneaky:
The confession in post #82 is a problem for you lad. However, as Rumpole opined, there is no evidence more unreliable than a confession :)

iscalad

The confession in post #82 is a problem for you lad. However, as Rumpole opined, there is no evidence more unreliable than a confession :)
Ah, but that was me trying to be cool and down with the kids......

Matt Russell

You may like to visit #45 again.🙂