• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Straw in the wind. Billy Sharp assaulted by a fan.

i8cornwall

No I am not a parody account. Maybe I sound like an idiot because I am an idiot. :) Any feedback gratefully received. (Just to highlight I am quoting the Professional Footballers Association view. - Edit)
You can quote who ever you like, doesn't take away from the fact it's a ridiculous argument, you can't stop a pitch invasion and you can't stop people doing stupid things in the heat of the moment.

Its weird the PFA have this view yet when one of its members pick up pyrotechnics during a celebration there oddly quite.

i8cornwall

I think you need to think a bit more about your postings. You're begining to sound like an aggressive ranting twerp.
Or Ive just worked out a section of our support will get on there high horse over the slightest thing.

Thanks for your thoughts tho Geoff, I'm pretty sure Im not going to listen to them, as always hope your well.

lamrobhero

Its weird the PFA have this view yet when one of its members pick up pyrotechnics during a celebration there oddly quite.
Most workers organisations are concerned about their members Health & Safety. I would have been surprised if they had a different view.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Are you a parody account?

I just want to double check before I point out how much of an idiot you sound in the above post.
You won't stop, you won't listen, and you won't agree with the huge majority and won't abide by the rules.

You, my friend, and your ilk, are exactly the issue here.

Now stop being so confrontational and rude in your posts please, or you'll get a virtual exeweb.com prison sentence. 🤣

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see that the Wembley police were celebrating a new initiative, whereby arrested children will be discouraged from taking legal advice so that the process will be quicker. This is worrying.

It's interesting to note that football fans get prosecuted really quickly, while most assault charges can take over 2 years to come to court.

Football fans are not treated as ordinary members of the public, there are laws specifically aimed at football fans that are not targeted at any other sports fans or indeed groups of public.

There are new laws coming in to target football fans relating to cocaine use. Despite this being a problem in the HoC and in the cabinet, it's not them that will be prosecuted but any football fans on the way to a football ground or will be arrested and prosecuted. Anyone outside of football for a first offence will be given a talking to and a caution. That's not equal treatment.

CPS rules dictate that all footballing related arrests will be prosecuted, even if a public trial is not in the public's interest and poor evidence will mean the defendant gets off, wasting valuable court time.

We don't need knee jerk reactions, everything is in place to deal with the very few idiots.

Now back to your Daily Mail there must be something else to froth up about, Meghan, boat people, woke people etc.

lamrobhero

Now back to your Daily Mail there must be something else to froth up about, Meghan, boat people, woke people etc.
😆
False stereotype alert!

i8cornwall

You won't stop, you won't listen, and you won't agree with the huge majority and won't abide by the rules.

You, my friend, and your ilk, are exactly the issue here.

Now stop being so confrontational and rude in your posts please, or you'll get a virtual exeweb.com prison sentence. 🤣
Got it, must toe the party line 😉

(I must point out that the above post is sarcasm)

I'll reframe from posting on this thread and others surrounding fan behaviour, clearly as someone who has engaged with the club on this matter for the benefit of everyone connected to city and in turn the wider game my thoughts and opinions aren't warranted.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Got it, must toe the party line 😉

(I must point out that the above post is sarcasm)

I'll reframe from posting on this thread and others surrounding fan behaviour, clearly as someone who has engaged with the club on this matter for the benefit of everyone connected to city and in turn the wider game my thoughts and opinions aren't warranted.
No, do stay. You have something important to say and it's good to see someone not doing a knee-jerk reaction that so many people are.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
No, do stay. You have something important to say and it's good to see someone not doing a knee-jerk reaction that so many people are.
For the life of me Hants, I cannot think of any knee jerk reactions there have been on the question of illegal pitch invasions and assaults on players. I'd be grateful if perhaps they were pointed out .

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
For the life of me Hants, I cannot think of any knee jerk reactions there have been on the question of illegal pitch invasions and assaults on players. I'd be grateful if perhaps they were pointed out .
Continual reference to legality, though we know what the law is. Send people on holiday to Rwanda. Talking of points deductions, fences, matches behind closed doors, etc. We need a proportionate response. These idiots are being identified and charged. That should be enough.