• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Academy graduate current XI

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is probably part of the reason why MT was not interested in talking with Lincoln when they were looking for a new manager. Shows the talent we have coming through.
It's just a shame that some of our players out on loan aren't getting as many games as MT would have liked due to COVID and all the games getting postponed etc.
Some of the aren't getting any game time at all. Cheick Diabate has not played 90 mins in twelve months now.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think we have a decent enough XI from our own squad. I would go for a home grown XI (currently with us) of:

(Gk) Harry Lee
(Rb) Josh Key
(Rcb) Jordan Dyer
(Lcb) Alex Hartridge
(Lb) Jack Sparkes
(Rcm) Archie Collins
(Cm) Will Dean
(Lcm) Matt Jay
(Rw) Joel Randall
(Att) Ben Seymour
(Lw) Nelson Iseguan

Subs: (Gk) Jack Arthur, (Cb) Cheick Diabate, (Rcm) Harry Kite, (Lw) Jack Vale, (Att) Lewis Wilson.
I did wonder whether a line up like this might have played against Barrow next week if it had become a dead rubber...!

(Kite deserves a place and would be in for the injured Randall)

andrew p long

I think we have a decent enough XI from our own squad. I would go for a home grown XI (currently with us) of:

(Gk) Harry Lee
(Rb) Josh Key
(Rcb) Jordan Dyer
(Lcb) Alex Hartridge
(Lb) Jack Sparkes
(Rcm) Archie Collins
(Cm) Will Dean
(Lcm) Matt Jay
(Rw) Joel Randall
(Att) Ben Seymour
(Lw) Nelson Iseguan

Subs: (Gk) Jack Arthur, (Cb) Cheick Diabate, (Rcm) Harry Kite, (Lw) Jack Vale, (Att) Lewis Wilson.
18 months on and interesting to see the changes in Martin's 'best XI of academy products still within our set up'. Plenty of departures in the last 2 summer windows Randall (for loadsamoney) but Dyer Dean Seymour Veale and Wilson all released. But much progress for others especially Diabate! So this summer it would be (for me)

Lee
Pond Diabate Hartridge
Key Kite Collins Sparkes
Borges Iseguan
Cox

Rosencrantz

18 months on and interesting to see the changes in Martin's 'best XI of academy products still within our set up'. Plenty of departures in the last 2 summer windows Randall (for loadsamoney) but Dyer Dean Seymour Veale and Wilson all released. But much progress for others especially Diabate! So this summer it would be (for me)

Lee
Pond Diabate Hartridge
Key Kite Collins Sparkes
Borges Iseguan
Cox
Big call leaving the club captain out for a first year trainee 👀

andrew p long

Big call leaving the club captain out for a first year trainee 👀
Ooops!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure you can leave out Deano, Phillips, Hiley or Marker, all of whom played in the Premier League.
Hiley for me is the best right back we've ever had in my 35 years of watching. I honestly don't think I ever saw him make a mistake and he must have played a few hundred games for the club.

Grecian2K

Hiley for me is the best right back we've ever had in my 35 years of watching. I honestly don't think I ever saw him make a mistake and he must have played a few hundred games for the club.
A certain Senor Ronaldo might also agree!!!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A certain Senor Ronaldo might also agree!!!
I've got a clip of that somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it out and upload it.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I've got a clip of that somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it out and upload it.
Here you go

andrew p long

Another 12 months and how does our 'current best XI from academy products- as they are playing now, for a game in a fortnight's time' (so excluding Dean Moxey because he is playing in National League South and many others who have stopped playing altogether). One cross check is the level they are currently playing at. Here's an XI with all 10 outfield players currently playing in League One or above:-

Pym (League Two)

Key (Championship)
Ampadu (Championship)
Storey (Championship)
Hartridge (League One)

Sercombe (League One)
Grimes (Championship)
Collins (League One)

Stansfield (Championship - on loan)
Watkins (Premiership)
Randall (League One)

A bit tough on Jamie Reid who is also playing and scoring in League One for third placed Stevenage. Players like George Friend (playing just the occasional League One game) and JMT (relegated to League Two) now miss out!