• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Things you dont see anymore

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
In Holsworthy we had a old school tobacconist called Olivers think he sold cigarette individually too, Lovely old shop, Had chairs in it where the old boys would sit and chat for ages while smoking their pipes or rollies, The smell of different flavours of pipe tobbaco was really nice.

DB9

There was a cigarette vending machine outside McGhays for many years.
They wouldn't last long nowadays, They had them outside Ford's in Holsworthy, Where our dinner money went too.

Banksy

In Holsworthy we had a old school tobacconist called Olivers think he sold cigarette individually too, Lovely old shop, Had chairs in it where the old boys would sit and chat for ages while smoking their pipes or rollies, The smell of different flavours of pipe tobbaco was really nice.
Bad memories of pipe smoking.I remember years ago going to places like Holsworthy for chess matches and encountering teams of old boys all puffing away on the things as they were playing and the rooms a blue haze of smoke a bit like you see in the old movies.I used to come home from the matches with my clothes reeking of smoke.Thank god they banned it it public places.Not forgetting the cinemas too of course.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Bad memories of pipe smoking.I remember years ago going to places like Holsworthy for chess matches and encountering teams of old boys all puffing away on the things as they were playing and the rooms a blue haze of smoke a bit like you see in the old movies.I used to come home from the matches with my clothes reeking of smoke.Thank god they banned it it public places.Not forgetting the cinemas too of course.
Pipe Baccy fresh from the jar smelt lovely.

Banksy

You won’t convince me easily DB even unsmoked ! 🥹

• Haha

iscalad

It was till they burnt in the pipes. I tried smoking a pipe many years ago. Worse smell than cigarette smoke 🚬

STURTZ

Cigarette rolling machines.

iscalad

Cigarette rolling machines.
My wife and daughter both use them.

Alistair20000

My wife and daughter both use them.
You need to give them some strong counselling to quit isca.

DB9

You need to give them some strong counselling to quit isca.
Think isca just wants a quiet life. 🙂