• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale pre Championship Play Off Final 7th May 22

Trapdoor

Is he? Or has he just been backed with a decent budget and been lucky with a few loan signings?
This. He's had a top budget. He's a crap manager.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
This. He's had a top budget. He's a crap manager.
What sort of budget did he have to work with compared to ours? More or less?

Trapdoor

What sort of budget did he have to work with compared to ours? More or less?
Quite a bit more based on what the rovers fans have said.

Cowshed Grecian

I don't think you could criticise the job Barton has done, hows he a crap? Look at the fecking state of them before he took over, they had feckin Tisdale saying he wasn't a magician and no senior players wanting to stay. He's done quite a remarkable job this season from where they were, he did well at Fleetwood to be fair aswell. Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean to say hes a gash manager, same when people used to say he was a crap player-he certainly wasn't.

Red Devon

If I was Barton I’d just get them to go all out - Rovers were one of the most impressive sides I’ve seen this year when we played them away and hugely improved on that 4-1.
If they don’t get third, they look the strongest team going into the playoffs

Cowshed Grecian

There's going to some twists on Saturday, hopefully ours will be straight forward. Can see Bristol R being 5-0 up and Northampton scoring a winner in the last minute or something similar.

Grecian_Matt

I think Barrow will be pretty difficult to beat as they have improved quite a bit since Brown came in.
Bristol Rovers are the team, I reckon will be promoted on Saturday.

FGR match, I will be watching like a hawk whilst on the Bank on Saturday - Although I am sure every Mansfield goal will be celebrated like we just scored.
I would also find it funny if Port Vale completely miss out on the Play Offs after looking certain for the autos 3 games ago.

STURTZ

When it comes to saturday it'll all come down to who wants it most. We have the big mo (as ******** used to say) , whereas FGR appear to be falling over the line. We're ahead on points and playing at home in front of a packed stadium.

City 4 PortVale 1 (what else!)

Sweeny, Key, Collins, Brown.

As for all the other teams.....fook 'em!

Championez, Championez Ole Ole Ole!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quite a bit more based on what the rovers fans have said.
Their budget will indeed be "quite a but more" as they are a bigger club with a bigger turnover. They sold 3400 STs last year, for example.

They are funded by their owner but like us are investing in facilities not just throwing money at players wages. Just released a summary of their annual report for last (covid affected, of course) year. It doesn't read too badly. The accounts on Companies House are like ours unrevealing.

And anyway the correlation between wage budget and success is patchy, to put it mildly.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Arrived in Exeter at midday, ready for my first City live experience since seeing us crush Argyle in late 2019. Went for the customary Nandos. Sitting outside afterwards, enjoying the sunshine, and who walks by except Tim Dieng, looking resplendent!!? All I could think of to do was to shout over "TIM! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!"
He gave me a nod with a broad grin on his face.

My weekend has already been made.