• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Number 10 - Sam Nombe - To Rotherham United

It’s a no brainer - if Sam is fit he is on the bench and if we are winning comfortably he stays on the bench, barring the odd 5/10 minute run on at the end to get him up to speed. If we are losing and need the points then it’s worth the risk.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Love Nombe, but we are not a one player team...

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Got to disagree about Oz. I believe if he plays he'll do a good job at this level, whoever the opposition is. Personally I think there's a very decent player in there and the more games he plays, the more we'll see it. I also predict that if Barrow let him go he'll be here next season
Vale and Northampton would find Oz a handful and a bloody nuisance just as everyone else in L2 does. He covers the ground, is always involved, and never hides. Now he scores goals !

He's a good rapport with Jevani, wouldn't surprise me if he's here next season either, but the coaches have a lot to work on for him to be effective at the next level.

I have to agree he’s alright with his tap ins against Scunthorpe and Colchester, Not being harsh on the bloke but it was an easy day for him against that mess of a defence. He did play well but I think Seymour would of shone out there today,
I think MT's careful treatment of Oz - substituting him with 20 mins to go - shows just how valuable he is to the side.

He's our only fit forward capable of disrupting opposition defences. He allows us to move the ball up the field and keep it there.

For me, Oz has been a good loan signing. I dont suppose there were many 20-goal a season players available during the January window, so I'm happy that we tempted him down to Devon.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

If Nombe is Rowbotham , then Zanzala must be Richard Young !

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

SaintJames

If Nombe is Rowbotham , then Zanzala must be Richard Young !
indeed and Callum Rowe and Ben Rowe must be cousins :)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was just chatting to some mates of his in the car park after the match who had come up from MK. They said Sam absolutely loves life at City and is buzzing about the club.

I mentioned his time at Luton and they said he’d not enjoyed it at all or felt loved by the fans or manager.

Let’s hope we keep the mutual love in and he keeps banging the goals in!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was just chatting to some mates of his in the car park after the match who had come up from MK. They said Sam absolutely loves life at City and is buzzing about the club.
Doesn't surprise me. Sam has been a Grecian from day one. Great signing.